SWEET TEA

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Two more weeks!

Have you noticed when you have time to blog, nothing much is going on to blog about, but when you get really busy and have all sorts of things to share there's almost no time to blog.  Ahh, the life of a Blogger.

We made the long drive to Tulsa last weekend, but as usual we had such a good time that it was worth the angst of the drive.  Our oldest daughter, Amy and my forever friend, Deniece (friends since we were 15 yrs old), gave Lil' Mama a Bridal Shower.  It was so much fun to be in the same room with family and friends that I don't get to see on a regular basis since we live so far away. (that will be changing before long, ya know.)  You'll notice I have no photos of Lil' Mama opening her gifts which means I was yapping.

I just couldn't seem to wipe this cheesy smile off my face.  The hostesses placed a veil on Lil' Mama's head.  She was wearing a white lace dress so it looks like she's already a bride, doesn't it?!

Shower's are all about the details aren't they?
This was a kitchen shower and they received so many things they'll use for years to come.  Showers are a real blessing when you're starting out.

We are at the two week mark, pre-wedding.
I feel we're right on schedule. 
I sure hope I can still say that a week from now!




8 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful!! I still feel as if I missed something, your moving? Where?? and When?? I know, I'm a nosy rosy, smiles. Blessings

Nonnie said...

What a beautiful Mama and Lil Mama! I'm so excited for you all and know everything will be just right. I look forward to seeing pics.

Your daughter and Deniece did a wonderful job of making everything just right, too.

Tammy said...

Sounds like a wonderful time and your daughter got some great gifts that will keep on giving for years to come. I haven't been following blogs much lately, my mind has been on other things. I didn't realize you were moving. Where are you all moving to and I hope you all are happy about the move. Hugs!

Susie said...

You and daughter are very pretty, keep on smiling. Showers sure do help when young ones have nothing to start with. They are fun also. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

yaya said...

You two look adorable! She looks like you! I wish her all the best. It is a huge blessing to get those things that help make a home. Glad it was a success! Get plenty of sleep in the next few weeks...you're going to need it!

Mary said...

I totally missed the part where it is so soon that Lil Mama is getting married! I'm going to have to go back and catch up! Especially since several of the commenters mentioned that you're moving!

Linda said...

I loved seeing you and your daughter!!! I hope that smile stays on your face for a LONG time!!!

Annesphamily said...

Beautiful photos. Always fun to be in the middle of a wedding. I wish the bride and groom the very best. Hang in there, hugs, Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...