SWEET TEA

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Yes, I will. And I do know it.



I like to keep my blog on the upbeat.
I like to keep my self on the upbeat.
So forgive me if this post sounds a  little on the downbeat.  Sometimes I think a person has to "own" their feelings before they can move on to better ones.

Today I ran a few errands.
I love the way I know how to make a loop through a somewhat rural area to get to my "need to" places.  I know how to go by the bank, the dry cleaners, the grocery store, Sonic, the post office, and my favorite dollar store, all in a single loop.  It's one of the many things I like about living where I do.

I also like that winters are mild and Spring comes early to the South.  I like to be called "Honey" and "Baby" by store clerks (it's a Southern thang).  I like that life is slower here, gentler.  I like that no one feels the need to "dress to impress" and that money doesn't determine who you are or who you're not.  I didn't know that such a place existed until I moved here almost 12 years ago.

I like my house.
I like my safe neighborhood.
I like my neighbors.

I like my friends - especially my "Shopping Buddy".

No, it's not perfect here, but it "feels" perfect to me.

Now I'm gonna move.  Soon.
I will be just fine.
But this Trace Adkins' song chorus is stuck on replay in my mind today.

"You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days 
hadn't gone by so fast.
These are some good times
So take a good look around,
You may not know it now,
But you're gonna miss this."

Yes, I will.
And I DO know it.

13 comments:

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

One thing I know for sure, Jesus goes where we go, and God is already there. Best of everything to you.

Anonymous said...

aww, I'm sorry you have to move, its always sad when we are forced to move, it will all work out, in time you will be just as happy I'm sure,

Nonnie said...

Were you excited about moving there 12 years ago? You may have been sad at leaving the familiar back then and leaving your family behind. But you made a new familiar. I believe you will find a new familiar soon (well, maybe not so soon), but since you are not a downbeat person, I believe you will find some upbeat things ahead to tell us about.

I appreciate your being realistic here. I am one who doesn't like change either and would find it difficult to move to a new city. I'm sorry. I pray you find a good, safe neighborhood and some new buddies, new church, new back roads, etc. I know it makes me very sad that most of my favorite buddies have moved away and left me behind.

Susie said...

Sweetheart, I know exactly what you mean. That song just hits home doesn't it? You'll have to know, you can bring all of us along where ever you go. I miss my old house in town,so much. I raised my daughters up in that house..why oh why did I move? There's things about his place I love and there's things I don't like...the main thing is ...I am alone lots here and it feels sad. Bless your heart. xoxo,Susie

NanaDiana said...

I am so sorry that you are leaving a place you love. You just wonder why life takes you down the path it does sometimes, you know? YOu are gonna be just fine!!!! xo Diana

Barbara said...

Yes I know what you mean. I have lived in several states and in several houses in each state. There are houses that will always be in my heart and I will always long for the happiness of those days. There are states I loved because the weather was a certain way, or the natives so friendly or the the culture so perfect. I have loved and left those places for one reason or another. Their memories bring joy and sadness but I wouldn't have passed on the opportunity that came next. Well at least most of the time. Some of those choices - not so smart - but the road that takes you out of town will always bring you back. Enjoyed this post and thinking back to old haunts.

Linda said...

I'd be sad too if I had to move, change is hard. I can always tell you that you'll have a new routine, new friends, and places to go...but that doesn't make it go away. It's ok to be downbeat some days.

yaya said...

Well, moving is good for one thing...cleaning out the "stuff" that accumulates over time. I don't know where your move will take you, but I'm certain you will find good friends, another house you'll love and a climate that may take getting used to. I know you can do it! When I moved from Chicago to this rural area I thought I would go nuts, but now I can't imagine putting up with all the traffic and crowds again. The worst part was being farther away from my family...and that still is true!

Sylvia said...

Change is always difficult at first, but you don't sound like a downbeat girl to me. You'll do fine, have faith!
Yes, you will be taking us along with you.

Bobbie said...

Awe... I was just starting to think.. I want to live where you live. Sounds perfect. I remember words from a book I once read and learned a lot from "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff"... wherever you go - There you are!
You are always upbeat and positive so there is no doubt that all of the good things will follow - wherever you move to.
Praying all goes smoothly!

Wild Oregonian said...

I am not going to try to cheer you up. I have to feel my sadness' too, if I want to get past them.

I think it's just fine to mourn a chapter of our lives when the page is turning, as long as we don't close the book- which you are not going to do. Thank you for sharing!

Linda said...

Ok, I have missed something...your moving? Where? Diff. state? --we moved here almost 2 yrs ago from the deep south/Alabama. I'll tell you, thought it was going to be harder than it was, you will be fine! I know you will. Keeping you in prayer. Blessings

Linda said...

Change IS hard!!! But you have GOT this!!! You WILL land on your feet and the best is yet to come!!! Take us with you where ever you go!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...