SWEET TEA

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Can this marriage be saved?

I'll keep this short and sweet  honest. . .

I looked out my window and saw a two foot
black snake 
sunning on our patio.

I called to Mister who took a look at said
snake and headed to the garage to get the hoe.
Along the way he "lolly-gagged", which means he walked slowly, even stopping by the bathroom to pee before returning with the hoe.  By this time said snake had slithered off to who-knows-where.

Oh-yes-I-am!


Oh-yes-he-IS!

There is trouble in paradise.

End of story.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *




One of my new Bloggy friends (Nicole, at "Journey to Josie") does a monthly challenge on the first day of each month.  She simply asks that you take photos of your everyday life as it unfolds on the first day of each month, which would be TOMORROW.   I love the idea and am gonna join with her and do the same.  I'd love it if you'd choose to join her too. There's no link-up or anything special you need to do to join in the fun.

I'll post my photos tomorrow evening.

BTW, if you've never visited Nicole's blog you're in for a real treat if you stop by.  She takes beautiful photos and "that girl can WRITE"!  Just sayin. . .


12 comments:

Linda said...

That's a mean looking snake!! Deanie's daughter found one beside her car last week and in trying to shoo it off it crawled UP into the engine area!!! My brother in law came to the rescue! Who KNEW there were so many snakes around??

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

I've watched Ole Boy catch snakes and take them off to the woods...and when there was one living in our water meter in the ground...he let it stay there. I've never seen him kill one, but I'm not sure he wouldn't kill a poisonous one.

acorn hollow said...

oh I would be mad too I am sure your marriage can handle it but he better pray that he finds the snake first.
Cathy

Nicole said...

UM, YUCK! I've been in Geogia for, what, 14 years now. In the woods at that, and still have never seen snake. I have a feeling that will change once we hit Arizona! Super excited to check out your day tomorrow!

PS - thanks for the compliment!

Miss Dishywoo said...

Oh man, I would be so upset, too!!!! It almost caused me to hyperventilate just seeing the picture. Hopefully, he's moved on and away from you (the snake, not the husband).

Mary said...

Oh my gosh.. I don't blame you.. I can not deal with snakes.

Mari said...

Oh boy - i think he deserves to be in a little hot water. :)
I love the photo idea. I'm going to have to try to get one!

Terra said...

Oh my that is a big snake.

NanaDiana said...

I will pop by to visit her. Crazy hubby- That ho' didn't kill no snake. lol xp Diana

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That would make me so angry!!! You can't lose sight of a snake. I fear them more than anything. We use a product called Liquid Fence around our yard to ward off snakes.

Nonnie said...

Good grief! Did he think the snake would wait for him? I do believe I would have thrown a hissy fit myself.
I'm sure your marriage can be saved (I give him points for the times he has come to your rescue in the past, but house rules now should be no more pit stops when dealing with snakes or other such creatures.)
Hope you don't see any more snakes like that! That creeps me out.

Tammy said...

Oh my, I think I would be a little ticked off that there is a snake on the loose when the mister could have killed it dead darn it!! I am so not a fan of snakes, gives me the creeps to see the picture. Dog gone it was BIG!! Hugs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...