SWEET TEA

Monday, November 11, 2013

I promised to tell you. . .

about my "Bloggy Friend Meet-Up".

If you inhale deeply I'm pretty sure you can smell this Chicken Fried Steak.
Mmmmm!

And how about this beautiful Salad Assortment?!
A feast for the eyes and the waistline. 


What a great time we had at lunch!
But it all paled by comparison with actually  getting to "Meet Up" with one of my very favorite Bloggers, "Nonnie"  over at "Nonnie's Random Thoughts".  If you've never visited her Blog you'll want to. She's an amazing, beautiful, funny, humble, Godly person who has traveled far and wide and has a life story that will  make you realize just how very special and unique she is.  Nonnie and I go back far beyond our blogging days.  We went to high school together!  Who knew we would reconnect through blogging after all these years?!  What a fun surprise!!


We had a great lunch.
We each drove 100 miles to "meet in the middle".
The "middle" was Tyler, TX.

My Mister and her Dear Heart were instant friends.
(I just KNEW they would be!)
Both of them are funny, chatty, and have an air of mischievousness about them.  Perhaps that's how they manage to put up with their Bloggy wives who like to share information on line.  Gotta love a guy with a great sense of humor!

So glad we got to do this!  This was something we'd been wanting to do for some time.  Time, schedules, and distance made it a bit tricky to pull off.  It was worth the planning and scheduling to make it all happen.  The lesson - don't put off things you really want to do. There's no time like NOW!

 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

  
 I'm enjoying the last rose blooms of the season.  Tonight we're supposed to have our first freeze, so my roses will probably be history by tomorrow.
Backyard roses.

Good bye to this beauty too.

Front yard roses.

"Autumn...the year's last, loveliest smile."
~William Cullen Bryant



19 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Lovely solution so you could meet up.
Joy

Terra said...

How great you met for lunch and chat, and your hubbys hit it off too.

Nonnie said...

The only regret I had about the day was that we didn't have more time to spend with you and your Mister. I had told DH how much he was gonna like you guys ... so, chalk another one up for me--I was right!! I am glad we were able to make that meet-up happen! Too bad we we don't live closer. You are really "good people."

I took pics of flowers in my back yard, too. Will be sorry to see them go.

Mari said...

What a fun meet up! I've met several of my blog friends too and I've never been disappointed.

Debby Ray said...

What a sweet story! I have only been blogging since early this summer and I have "met" so many wonderful people already. I would love to have the opportunity to meet some of them! Thanks for sharing!

Jeanie said...

How fun that you reconnected with someone you knew in high school through your blog. It looks like you had a great time....a sure affirmation of your advice to not put off things your really want to do.

yaya said...

I'm hearing the song "It's a small world after all"! How fun to meet up again. I love her blog too and I'm sure you both had a great time!

The Old Dairy said...

What a lovely day for all four of you...

Wild Oregonian said...

How neat! I've been enjoying Nonnie's blog these last few months too. Glad you all got to meet up!

Bobbie said...

That is so super cool!! It looks like you had a great time.. and yes, that food looks delish! I have met with one of my blogging friends, and it was great! Like meeting a celebrity... lol.

Linda said...

That is awesome! I follow Nonnie, too! That was wonderful y'all got to meet and visit in person. Isn't the world a small place?

Anonymous said...

your grand daughter is a beauty!!! Good for you on the pounds lost, and what a wonderful visit you had and its so nice the husbands got in on the visit! I have never had chicken fried steak, is it chicken or is it steak?

nancygrayce said...

How great was meeting up with a blog buddy??? I'm so happy y'all got to do that and love each story of friends meeting friends!

Joyce said...

How fun! I recently had two blog friends (strangers?) come spend a weekend with me. Such a great time! I read Nonnie's on occasion...lately I just haven't had time to hop around a lot. I've barely had time to write.

SouthLakesMom said...

I fantasize about renting a place in the mountains for all my bloggy friends to meet up one weekend to meet, eat and blog...

I'm glad it worked out for you all to do this while you're on "mom-holiday"!

Tammy said...

What fun, it's wonderful to meet up with bloggy friends and so much fun. I've met 3 of my bloggy friends and I like them all even more in person. Hugs!!

kc bob said...

How great is this! I love it when I get to meet other bloggers!

Cheri said...

How fun that you could meet up and even include the husbands. Tyler, Tx was where we were when I contacted you about meeting up, wish we could have. Tyler is a nice town.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

How fun that was. I met up with Mary at Life in a Small Town while visiting friends in Knoxville. It was great fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...