SWEET TEA

Saturday, November 2, 2013

AWOL

I have been AWOL from Blogging, tho seldom a day passes that I don't think of my Bloggy friends.  Life takes "time", doesn't it?!  With my Mom visiting in Tulsa I've been working on some things I've neglected for a while.  Still much to do, but moving forward.

Haylee Kate takes a great deal of my time now that she no longer sleeps most of the day.  She is a busy girl, which means I am an especially busy YaYa on the days her Mom is at school.  Busy, but fun times!



I've also been working hard on losing weight and getting fit.  It takes "time" to walk, but most days you'll find me walking in the neighborhood at some point.  I've also been working on my "diet".  I've been in diet mode for a month now and have lost 6 lbs.  It's a slow process (after menopause,) but I'm DETERMINED.  I want to take off 14 more lbs!!


I can't end this post without at least hinting at something I'm really looking forward to - a "meet up" with a Bloggy friend!!  It's scheduled for next weekend and you can be sure I'll be posting photos and sharing the fun with you here.  That's all I can say.
I LOVE having a secret!

Thanks for stopping by!


15 comments:

Bobbie said...

The baby is so precious!! I know, life does take time... it's hard to find time to blog sometimes... Good for you! 6 lbs! Yay!! I have gained 3 of the 15 back that I lost. I need to go in the other direction! Keep up the pace and good luck!

MunirGhiasuddin said...

I hope that you have a great time with your bloggy friend:)
Loosing weight may be hard but sure is worth the effort. I think of the health benefits more than any thing.

Linda said...

Good for you! You do so much for others - taking time to take care of YOU is such a good thing! LIFE does take up so much of our time!!
Love your little grand!! My don't they grow fast!!

Jeanie said...

Haylee Kate is as cute as can be. Your time with her is precious.
I love your diet plate...it seems like that is about all I can eat to be able to lose weight these days.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

You have a lot going on and getting to share your darling granddaughter is precious. Thanks for posting and catching your blogging friends up.
Joy

Carla said...

It was nice to hear from you again. Take care and have some fun too.

Mari said...

Good to hear from you! Glad you are doing some things for you. I need to get back on the weight loss wagon again myself!
Kaylee is just adorable. I had my Alaina yesterday and was busy, busy - but so much fun!

Susie said...

Do we ever stop dieting?? Glad to see you back. Hope things run smoother for you. xoxo,Susie

marejohn said...

You are a busy girl indeed! Just always super glad when we get to hear from you!
That little babe is a DOLLY!
I also have been working on "health"..it does take time doesn't it? and energy and, and and...*sigh*, I don't WANNA, but I will do better or at least I'll try to do better!
Hope your mama is doing well..
Have you met your bloggy friend before? I have yet to meet "blog friends" in person and am SO looking forward to that happening one day...enjoy and we'll look forward to photos!

Nonnie said...

HK is such a doll. Those pics of her with the bows are so adorable (oh wait - that would be all the pics) and I think this bow is the biggest one yet!!!
You know, HK just may become part of your exercise program for the next few years.
I hope you have an enjoyable visit with your bloggy friend. She may be somewhat intimidated about meeting up with someone who never lacks for something fun or encouraging to say!!!

yaya said...

From one "YaYa" to the other...it sure does get busy and those little ones grow faster than our own did! I can't believe how big your Grandcutie is! Congrats on the diet and weight loss! Good job! I'm jealous! Enjoy your blog friend get-together!

SouthLakesMom said...

Does she have hair underneath all that bow? I'm laughing at how BIG it is, but appreciating how cute she is.

Exercising and taking care of ourselves IS a time sink, but necessary. For every hour I ride, I can think of 3 hours of "should have dones!"

Chatty Crone said...

Did you mom move out? I didn't know that!

The baby is adorable.

And I am AWOL more now too - for some reason I am so incredibly busy in other places.

sandie

nancygrayce said...

Busy bee! I've been AWOL as well!

Anonymous said...

Good to spend time with babies. When my kid was small to the same thing, he will sleep only for 5 to 10 min.

Loosing weight is a bid process. I am too planning for it. I just walk up and down the upstairs for half an hour. I have found good result in it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...