SWEET TEA

Monday, October 14, 2013

"I Wanna Talk About ME, Wanna Talk About I. . ."

280!
No! That's not my weight,
but it IS my cholesterol number.
I've been forced to "step up" and take notice.  The test confirmed what I already knew  in my gut.  All the ice cream I've been eating with my Mom has caught up with me, via cholesterol and "poundage".  I have seen the error of my ways and am working hard now to get things under control.  I'm adhering to a fairly strict diet and trying for some scheduled exercise each day.  It takes a LOT of time and planning to do things the healthy way, doncha think?!  Just sayin...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


I also went to Target to get my dreaded "Flu shot".  I went there because they advertised the new "micro-needle", which is 10 times smaller than the original.  Let me tell you - it's a bunch of advertising bunk.  I don't know about the needle, as I didn't look, BUT, it hurt as bad, or maybe even worse than the "regular" flu shot.  She stuck me once and the injector didn't dispense the medication, soooooooo, we had to do it again.  If you follow my blog then you're familiar with me and my "needle-phoebia".  I lay sprawled on a bench to the side of the pharmacy for 30 minute (no exageration) trying to get steady enough on my feet to leave.  Lil' Mama was with me.  She waited. She waited. She waited.  The room spun.  My stomach ached. I prayed I wouldn't throw up - prayed hard. Finally I was able to "get out of Dodge" by pushing a shopping cart to the door and get into the car that Lil' Mama had brought curbside. 
I.HAD.BETTER.NOT.GET.THE.FLU.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
Lest you think we're all about "things medical" let me show you a few Fall things here on the bayou.







This Star Jasmine was growing in a pot on the porch.  I transplanted her to the front of the house, with a few pansies to keep her feet warm.



Happy Fall Ya'll!
(The grass is still green and growing and not a single leaf has changed colors.  Fall comes late in the South.)




13 comments:

Nonnie said...

That's too bad about the cholesterol count and you definitely need to get that taken care of. And I'm truly sorry for the pain you experience with needles and such, but really, your descriptions of it always makes me smile. :-)
I've been wanting to plant some pansies, but everything is still blooming and green here, too, so guess I'll continue to put that off. It's finally raining, so everything still looks like summer.

NanaDiana said...

Oh you poor girl! Needles don't bother me a bit but I know they are horrific for some people. Good luck on your diet. I gave up sugar and few weeks back and feel SO MUCH better-plus I am down several pounds.

Grass is still green here, too, but not for long~ xo Diana

Mari said...

Good for you on the diet. Hope it shows up on the cholesterol check! My cholesterol is good, but I need to be losing weight.
Needles don't bother me, but I'm usually on the other end of them. I had my flu shot yesterday, and will be the one giving most of the shots to the employees at the nursing home this week. We have a few who also share your fear.

Wild Oregonian said...

Dieting is such a pain (maybe not as bad as a flu shot). It's so hard not to have ice cream when someone else in the house loves it. I'm not naming any names but his initials are your son. :)
Everyone has something they are just absolutely averse to. I think mine is eating liver and onions. You want me to lose weight, just feed me that for a few days. Yuck. I'd rather have a needle stick!

Aloha Acres said...

Ugh! Needles. Never a good experience. Glad you survived.

Jeanie said...

Good luck on getting back on track with your cholesterol....it sounds like you are on a plan that should work. At leastyou don't have to worry about the flu shot for another year....maybe they will develop a longer lasting one soon.

MunirGhiasuddin said...

I have been trying to convince my husband to eat right. It has been almost four years since his open heart surgery and now finally he is adjusting his tastes buds. I want to make good food familiar once again and try recipes with different than ingredients we have been using. To turn around our genes is going to be a hard job, but it has to be done.

Linda said...

Bless your heart!! You know that's what we say down here!!! I hope you don't get the flu, too!
Our yard looks like spring with roses blooming and everything spouting fresh new growth!
Louis Dean and I are back to eating healthy and I walked yesterday and did yoga today. You're right - a healthy life style is a lot more trouble!

Tammy said...

You poor thing. I am so glad needles don't bother me cuz you had to be miserable and it doesn't sound like fun. Your fall decorations look beautiful. Stay healthy!!

SouthLakesMom said...

I guess it's good that your mama is in Tulsa so you can get back on that wagon, huh? I've been having green smoothies in the morning and loving them. Feel free to follow that suggestion...or not.

And of course, I have to say cycling is The.Best.Exercise. But, I might be a wee bit biased.

I'm sorry about the needles. Thanks for the warning about it being bunk. Gotta do that soon.

Our leaves are changing and falling. LOTS of falling!

yaya said...

We're twins! My cholesterol is the same! I tried a drug last year..my joints hurt too much from it...I tried something different and it's not going too good. I will never have good numbers. My Mom is the same way..she's 87! even losing weight hasn't helped..I'm doomed! I work in health care and I've never taken the free flu shot they force on us each year. In the last 5 yrs I've called in sick twice, and not from the flu. Most of my coworkers take the shot and they are always sick! I guess I'll have to be happy with dying from a heart attack. (Just kidding!)

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Happy Fall to You too. Loved the fall pictures. I am with you on the needle phobia.

Marsha Young said...

Fun post! And I am with you about those needles. Hate 'em.

Just bought pansies yesterday and hope to get them in the ground today. Your front porch looks lovely. have a wonderful weekend. - Marsha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...