SWEET TEA

Friday, August 24, 2012

The Girl with "more answers". Part Duex.

I am having such a good time answering the questions that you asked me on my recent birthday. So here we go with Part Deux.


Beverly wants to know how I manage to post so often.
 I seldom let the fact that I have nothing to say stop me from blogging. *blush  My daughter can assure you that I never let the fact that I don't know the words to a song stop me from singing along with the radio.  Same sort of thing.  Blogging is my therapy and I need therapy OFTEN!

Yaya wondered what my family gave me as a gift.
I got an assortment of things, gift cards, scentsy wax "thingy", etc.  Mister totally bombed on a gift this year but since there is nothing I really wanted/needed I'll forgive him, since he for "no reason" bought me tickets to see Brad Paisley in concert  next month.  I'm more about the celebration than the gifts and he "celebrated" me very nicely.

Anonymous wanted to know if I baked cookies.
Actually Mister is better at baking cookies than I am.
I am more of a cookie "eater" than a cookie "baker".
A sad truth.

Parsley asked what the best/worst gift I have ever received.
The best gift I ever received was for the first Christmas Mister and I were married.  He found a way to buy me a rocking chair and hid it so well that I was shocked to find it under the tree on Christmas morning.  We couldn't afford the chair, but somehow he made it happen.  Pure magic!
Worst? A set of glasses from my inlaws for my birthday.  I was young, stupid, and totally non-appreciative.

Laurie asked if I had ever visited Canada?
No, I haven't, but would like to some day.

"What is my favorite meal to cook for my family?", is what Laney asked about.  I actually enjoy baking much more than cooking, but the most requested food from my family is "Chicken Fried Steak".  I must non-humbly say that I cook a mean-to-die-for Chicken Fried Steak.  I seldom cook it though as I try to keep my family away from fried foods as much as possible.

Madi and Mom wondered where my traveling gal pals and I would be travelling to for our annual get-together.  How did you remember that I do that Madi and Mom?  I'm sooo impressed.  Actually, this years "Fest" will be in Atlanta, GA.  I can hardly wait!!

BUT WAIT - there are even more questions and answers. . .

To be continued tomorrow!


*Now I wish I had one of those cookies that Anonymous asked about.*

8 comments:

Shelly said...

Loved reading these and finding out more about you. Your Atlanta trip sounds like it will be one for the ages!

Cheri said...

Debbie, When are you coming to Atlanta? I live NE of Atlanta.

Skoots1moM said...

atlanta is a great place to grow up...
have lived northeast of the city for the past 20 years but still frequent downtown for fun events

There's lot to do...highly recommend the aquarium,
and the views/food from the SunDial Restaurant at the top of Westin's Peachtree Plaza (210 Peachtree StNE
:)
Atlanta, GA 30303, 404-589-7506)

Joyce said...

I've never made chicken fried steak. I like it, just never cooked it. I'm really more about the celebrating than the gifts on my birthday too.

Nonnie said...

Love the rocking chair gift. (chuckling about the glasses).
Now this presents a new question. I am interested in knowing how you cook so much chicken fried steak for so many people, with everything that goes with it, i.e., mashed potatoes and gravy, biscuits, etc. I do well to cook that meal for the two of us and it makes a huge mess. But, oh, so good.

NanaDiana said...

Thanks for the info- This is fun to read your answers- xo Diana

yaya said...

Sounds like a good birthday. My hubby's is tomorrow and I haven't gotten him anything...yet! Enjoy your weekend!

nancygrayce said...

Love the rocking chair gift too! Sweet! My dear hubby and I don't exchange gifts often because we just don't know what to get one another. I don't mind because I am then free to buy my own gift and so is he! :)

The Superhero is also the cookie maker in our family.....so much so that his cookies are requested by everyone we know! He isn't currently making them as we cannot resist eating them and we are both trying to be healthy! a dozen or so peanut butter cookies are not on that healthy list! :(
Glad you had a good birthday! Your girls trip sounds wonderful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...