SWEET TEA

Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Girl with ALL the answers.


I had a wonderful birthday and I appreciate each and every one of you who stopped by to wish me well and ask me a question.

Many of you asked me questions regarding my birthday.  (Shelly, Bobbi, Deanna, Handsome's Wife, Kay G., Shannon Romein, Karen, Kelli, Joyce)  You wanted to know how I was going to celebrate, if I celebrated an entire week, what my "perfect" B-day would be if I could do anything/anywhere, and what my birthday wish would be????)


I spent my actual birthday low-key, at home answering Happy Birthday phone calls from friends and family.  However, I did celebrate an entire week, a special GF took me out for lunch, Mister & Princess took me out for a Shrimp Dinner and a movie, then I enjoyed a BIG family dinner celebration in Tulsa.  It was a very special birthday. . .If I were to choose a EXTRAVAGANZA of a birthday party I would want to be with my friends, including YOU, and family on a cruise ship, sipping margarita's and watching a GREAT comedian together - I love to LAUGH!!  It wouldn't matter where we were cruising, as long as the weather was perfect and the water was silver/blue...My birthday wish would be for a year of perfect health and happiness for me, my family and friends.

Cheri asked who I would want to have sing "Happy Birthday" to me.  I didn't even have to think about this.  Garth Brooks.  No explanation needed, I have had a "thang" for him for years!

Joy Tilton asked if I ate cake for breakfast.  I did for years and years but now that I am "mature" I have left that habit behind.


Calamity Jane asked how I stay cheerful all the time?
I'm always surprised when people ask me this and I take it as a BIG compliment, so thank you, Calamity Jane.  I TRY to look at the bright side of life, and one usually sees what they are looking for.  Also, I surround myself with happy, upbeat people who are people of faith.  Knowing I have friends and family who pray in my behalf is a "Happy thing", and I know that GOD hears and answers our prayers.  Life is pretty good when you have a friend at the "top"!

Skoots1mom asked if I had a scriptural life verse.  I had never thought of a verse exactly in that context, but I do wrestle with fear from time to time and the verse that speaks peace to me in all sorts of situations is  Joshua 1:9.  "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."


? ? ? ?
You had more questions for me
and I will answer the others tomorrow.

Would you do me the pleasure
of answering at least one of
the questions I was asked
in this post?










18 comments:

Shelly said...

Your birthday sounds like it was all a birthday should be. So glad you had such a great time! My scriptural life verse is Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you hope and a future."

Susie said...

To me life is faith, family and friends, because all of these equals LOVE. So belated happy birthday to you. I know you enjoyed it. xo, Susie

KTW said...

Glad your birthday was a special one. :)

Now I'll answer one of the questions. Not even gonna specify which one. The answer?

Michael Buble.

'Nuff said. ;)

Cheri said...

I would go anywhere that there was no WiFi or cell service, warm but not humid and just plain relaxing. I also wanted to add, I don't know who I would want to sing to me since I like so many but I sure would mind Sean Connery just talking to me. LOL

Sunny Simple Life said...

Yes I would eat cake for breakfast. Yum! Happy Birthday and I would love to take a cruise with you. I have a feeling you would be a lot of fun.

Nonnie said...

I think all the ways you celebrated add up to a happy birthday.
Too many verses to ever pin down just one, but one of my favorites has always been Matthew 6:33 - Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.
Oops, I answered two of your questions.

Mari said...

Love your answers! I'm with Kelli - Michael Buble!!!
And I am all about cake for breakfast. :)

Jeanie said...

I ready to pack for the cruise...Just hope I don't have to get a new swimsuit.
I would love to have Garth sing to me also.

Aloha Acres said...

I'm also a Jer. 29:11 girl here, especially as a homeschool mom. I hang onto that one tightly for the boys.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

If I feel like having cake for breakfast, I don't wait until it's my birthday. I do it!

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I haven't had any cake in such a long time~ I would love to have Neil Diamond sing Happy Birthday to me- or Elton John....xo Diana

NanaDiana said...

OR- Josh Groban!!!

Bobbie said...

Aha! So you must be a huge Chris Gaines fan as well??? Garth sings my favorite song of all time, 'The Dance'. I get teary every time I hear it.

I wouldn't think twice about eating cake for breakfast! But I should - Think twice, that is. When I come back from vacation I'm going to be good. Really.

Linda said...

What a great post!!
My life verse is Romans 8:28....
"All things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose."

Skoots1moM said...

http://youtu.be/uFz61X2PQTw
"would soooo love to have Josh Turner sing to me in person"...i'm a true country girl loving LOW country voices!!

Just Be Real said...

What a delightful blog and I am so glad I found you. Love your main photo of your blog. Blessings.

Jill of All Trades said...

Gosh, I go missing for a bit and look what I miss! YOUR BIRTHDAY! Happy, Happy Birthday! The Hubby's was yesterday too!

Joy Tilton said...

It's nice to know you ate cake for breakfast too... I limited myself to the icing! I have always had to watch my girlish figure~ LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...