SWEET TEA

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

"B"


We're soon to kiss January good-bye
which means we're another month
closer to Spring!  We've had a
beautiful January, Thank you Jesus!
Givin' credit where credit is due.

Photobucket

Now, here's my official
"January Accountability" report.
(I posted my goals HERE.)


I will try . . ."

. . .to Read my Bible more .
Right on target reading a chapter
in Proverbs each day.

...to have friends into my home more.
*Nope.  Not done this yet. :-(

...to eat healthier.
Doing much better:
oatmeal for breakfast & Green Smoothie for lunch
Mon-Fri.

...to take my vitamins and calcium
each day.
YES! 
Why haven't I done this for years?!
No-brainer.

...to read a book occasionally,
not just blogs.
I actually read an entire book
from cover to cover,
"Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'Easter".

...to lose some weight
and keep it off this time.
Down 4 lbs.  Not a big number,
but I'll take it.

That's 5 outta 6.
"B", doncha think?
I hope next months report will
be perfect. 
"I think I can.  "I think I can".

How are you doing on your goals?
"It's never too late to begin
to do better."  ~Sweet Tea

It's always more fun
to work toward a goal(s) if you
have some buddies who are doing
the same.  I'd love it if you'd
join me in working toward some
of your own goals.
('course I also love it if you'll cheer me on
and kick me in the rump if I begin
to be a Slacker)

12 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

WELL Done Sweet Tea!!
I didn't really make any resolutions but each day I get up and say to myself this is a new day make the most of it and most of all be kind!!
Hugs C

Shelly said...

It's incredible to believe January is gone. I am sticking to my goal of running more days a week and for more distance instead of just doing indoors workouts. That really makes me happy- hope it will continue.

You've done a great job on yours!

nancygrayce said...

Wow you're doing great! I'll join you in the weight loss.....I have to lose and exercise to tone. I looked at my middle and thought shame on me!

I read the Bible through last year with the help of Mom's Toolbox.com and it was wonderful. You have to dedicate a chunk of time (maybe an hour) a day, but I felt so good when I finished and God showed me many things during that time! :)

Thanks for the encouragement!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Good month indeed, plus you posted with humour and brought some chuckles and smiles as well.

Aloha Acres said...

Yay for 4 lbs gone! I've added Vitamin D into my daily regiment because we get so little sunshine here. (Why haven't I thought of this before?)

What's in your green smoothie? Would love to try it.

Chatty Crone said...

I'm going to give you an A+! sandie

KTW said...

Good job! :) I'm proud of you! Now start planning a little dessert party or an evening of board games and invite some friends to come over. You'll have a blast AND you'll reach another goal! ;)

yaya said...

Congrats to you! I set a goal for weight loss. I've have until Feb.2nd for the first official month weigh in. But I've peeked and I'm down 10lbs for now. Slow but sure! I put exercise in there and have been faithful for 5-6 days a week for 1hr and even a little more when I can. So I'm happy with those!

Cheri said...

Losing weight so far that hasn't happened but it also is one that I know I have a hard time keeping. I did start a "Grateful" journal and have been doing real well with that. Another thing I decide was to be more positive but there are times when I am positive that someone has just really ticked me off...so does that defeat my "I want to be more positive" attitude?

karen said...

Great job! It's a good feeling to stick to your goals. I've stayed away from the candy in my drawer (although today I was sorely tempted again out of the blue) and I've kept up my exercise goals of yoga and cycling. The weight isn't dropping like I'd hoped, but I can tell my muscles are stronger, so I'll take that as a success!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

You're doing a great job meeting your goals! I'm not doing so well. But there's 11 more months to go!

Jacqueline said...

If we were on a bell curve, I am thinking this report card would definitely be getting an A! Great job. I am working of some of those too. Why can't I work that calcium into the equation?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...