SWEET TEA

Friday, October 28, 2011

I.Am.A.TV.Slut.

I consider myself a pretty average, pretty normal
kind-a-gal, with one exclusion -

I Am a TV Slut.
I admit it.
(I've admitted it before.)
I claim it.
I watch and love weird TV shows.
Some of my favorites are:


"Sister Wives"
(I know, I know.  You want to gag.)




"The Rachael Zoe Project"
(lots of catering to things that
really don't matter a flip
in the big scheme of life)



Yes, I watch these baaaad girls,
who are way to old to be so spoiled
and self-centered.



This is about a blended family who lived a large
lifestyle then lost their financial security
in the current economy.
Fascinating.


"19 Kids and Counting"
This is about the infamous "Dugger Family".
I don't get it.
I don't understand it.
But, I love to watch it!

Are you all huffed-up and surprised
that I would actually spend time
watching this stuff?
Some of my closest friends simply
shake their head in disbelief
of my TV habits.

I find this like simply watching adult fairy tales.
AND, I love seeing and hearing how people
live their life.
Perhaps that's why I love blogging
and reading other peoples blogs!

Have you got any weird TV habits
you'll boldly claim?
NO.JUDGING.ALLOWED.

(and please don't tell me you NEVER watch TV
'cause I won't believe you)

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Except for a few minutes of the Duggars, I've not watched any of these shows. I will admit to being a die-hard fan of All My Children and One Life to Live.

I'll let you pass on Sister Wives as long as you don't judge the LDS Church by that show. ;-)

Mari said...

I like the Sister Wives and the Duggars too. I don't get it, but they are fun to watch!

Jeanie said...

The Duggers sort of fascinate me so I will have to check out that show. Otherwise, I just watch way to much cable news.....boring.

Rhona said...

I don't think we have those programmes over here (yet). Unfortunately I don't really have any weird TV watching habits - I enjoy Extreme Makeover Home Edition (but I always end up crying), Greys Anatomy, Barefoot Contessa. I sometimes watch Gordon Ramsey's Hells Kitchen (or whatever it's called). Pretty unshocking I'm afraid ;-) x

Shelly said...

I have lost a huge amount of weight, so The Biggest Loser is my must see tv. I've seen the Duggars and am oddly fascinated by them, too.

Chatty Crone said...

I like Big Brother! teehee sandie

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I watch amazing Race....and would never think of attempting it...yet it amazes me at what they do. I also love NCIS and NCIS LA...and hate the sight of blood. Go figure.

Aloha Acres said...

Ok, so I also watch all of those. It's my guilty pleasure. You know, sometimes you just need to do something / watch something mindless for a bit. :)

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

I'm a Reality TV junky too. Just not the ones you watch...but I don't judge. I watch Amazing Race, Survivor, Project Runway and now Accessory Runway, The Art Project, and I have to watch Top Shot (men shooting guns, bows,etc) with Terry.

We all have our guilty pleasures. Enjoy yours.

My Mind's Eye said...

LOL
My name is Cecilia and I was a Jon and Kate Plus 8 addict and a Little People addict...the only reason I don't watch them now is they were canceled. LOL
I could see Kate and Jon's train wreck coming...way before they admitted it.
Hugs C

Handsome's wife said...

I watch Downsized. I also watch some of the housewives, but not Jersey. I watch Orange County, New York and Beverly Hills. I about to give up on Beverly Hills, Way too over the top for me. I have seen Sister wives but don't watch regular. I too am a TV slut. I TiVo way too much... but hey it's fun.

yaya said...

I watch TV...let's see...I watch The Biggest Loser, Chopped (on the food network)Dancing with the Stars...Ghost Hunters...and my fav, all time show is Parenthood. If you haven't seen it you should watch it. On NBC, Tuesday nights at either 9 or 10 depending on your location. Love it...those are my guilty pleasures!

Jo Ann said...

I watch HGTV, The Weather Channel, both NCIS and football! I work fulltime so don't have a lot of time to watch and when I do, I'd rather be reading all the blogs that come in my email box!

NanaDiana said...

Well, you can gag right along with me. I watch Dr.Phil every chance I get...and Judge Judy! And, late at night, when I am holding the remote in my own hot little hand I will sneak a view of The Housewives...cuz they are so unbelievable!!!! Especially Theresa~ xo Diana

Marsha Young said...

Okay - here goes - I like to watch the Weather Channel.

Not the big videos on hurricanes and stuff like that. No, I actually enjoy watching just the weather cast on cities all over the country.

Now how weird is that? :) Just color me simple.

Joy Tilton said...

TV Slut too, can't get enough of them I dvr them for later viewing! Do not get Sister Wives or the Duggars at all, how could anyone live like that??? Did you know the Duggars live about 10 miles from me? I see them occasionally at Aldi or Walmart, kids in tow. You can't miss them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...