SWEET TEA

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Do you hear what I hear?

Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
   ~Psalm 100:1

Sunday morning as I sat in church this psalm kept going through my mind.  (No, it wasn't the sermon topic today.  Shame on me - my mind wanders


As we sang there was a voice that seemed to rise above the crowd, it was that of a lovely young woman who is a regular attender.  She enjoys the music and she sings LOUD and though I don't think she knows it, she is WAAAAY off key.  (I'm not throwing stones as I can't carry a tune at all)  The thought is "I love to hear this gal sing because she sings with such joy". 
Joy trumps perfect pitch in my book!



After church we went out for lunch and were seated across from a table of 2 parental units (Princess' lingo) with 5 young sons, under the age of 12.  This boys were well behaved but goofy and silly, the normal variety of little boys.  I loved watching them and listening to their funny chatter.


Later that same day , as I sat at the keyboard blogging, I heard Princess' laughing from the other room as she watched TV; such a pleasant, happy, sound.

For some reason I was acutely tuned in to the sounds of "joyful noise" on that particular day and it gave me a spring in my step. 

I wonder if God feels the same way as he listens to each of us? 


I'm thinking that would be a "Yes"!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Have you heard "joyful noise" today?
Made any "joyful noise" today?
Just askin'. . .




3 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

Excellent post....you are quite observant.
Yes I did hear a joyful noise today. About 30 minutes ago I was checking the blog of a young friend of mine with 3 girls, 10 and 18 mos. Today her blog had a video of the 18 mo old giggling and if that wasn't enough she has the most beautiful dimples. Giggling is so contagious I started giggling too
Hugs C

My Mind's Eye said...

Opps the 2nd girl is 4 years old...left her out she has the most beautifu red hair too.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Hi There! I just stumbled onto your blog; and I am loving it!! You are so funny!! I see that you are from Louisiana. I was born and raised there, before moving to Texas. I am a newbie to blogging and your newest follower. I hope you will follow me too!! God bless you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...