SWEET TEA

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cluck. Cluck. Cluck


I love me a good Chick Flick!

In your opinion,
what makes for a good Chick Flick?
One that makes you cry?
One that makes you laugh?
One that makes you laugh and cry?
One that celebrates friendship?
A crazy love story?
One with a great soundtrack?
Hot clothes &
 shoes?
A Handsome leading man?
All of the above?

AND

What's your favorite
Chick Flick?

I'll share my answer to get us started.


Hope Floats is my very favorite Chick Flick.
Poor Sandra Bullock finds herself humiliated
on national TV by her philandering, scum-bucket
husband, then, through a series of events she
meets up with "Justin", played by Harry Connick Jr. Just the thought of him in that starched shirt
and wearing that cowboy hat absolutely
turns me to blubber.
I could watch this again and again,
and again.

Now it's your turn!

10 comments:

Jane said...

...and that country dance scene! How steamy is that??

Jo said...

One that makes you laugh And cry. One of my favorites is STEEL MAGNOLIAS ..Revolving around Truvy's Beauty Parlor in a small parish in modern-day Louisiana, STEEL MAGNOLIAS is the story of a close-knit circle of friends whose lives come together there.

bj said...

O...by far...DIRTY DANCING is my all-time favorite chick flick. Next in line has to be THE NOTEBOOK.

My Mind's Eye said...

I watch Hope Floats (love the sound track) and One fine Day (G. Clooney and M. Phiffer), Dirty Dancing any and everytime they are on TV.
A good chick flick to me is either a romantic comedy or sweet romance. I also watch
Lucky 7 over and over(made for TV movie P. Dempsey and Kimberly Williams-Paisley).
American President with M. Douglas and A. Benning.
I'm sure as soon as I hit publish comment I'll think of others.
C

Anonymous said...

You've Got Mail, thats mine,, but all the above!!!!I still don't know why this new post didn't show up on my blog list,, I found it on facebook,, sheesh!Have a super day!!!!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

It has to have a happy ending - mine would be Pride and Prejudice or You've Got Mail.

lattemama said...

Chick flicks?!? I've been living in a testosterone driven house for too long. I know more about action movies! :) But I really did enjoy "Knight and Day" recently. There was enough gun play/explosions in it for my hubbie to like it!

lattemama said...

OH, Pride and Prejudice....Mr. Darcy..."heavy sigh"

Melody said...

Steel Magnolias and a very close second would be Beaches with Bette Midler.

Anonymous said...

Love Actually is my all time favorite chick-flick. Did you see it? Loved Hope Floats and Sweet Home Alabama, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...