SWEET TEA

Sunday, July 10, 2016

July Whirlwind


For us, July has entered as a whirlwind and it's only a third of the way done!  I have what's known as a blogger's dilemma.  When nothing is happening there is lots of time to blog, but when the days are whirling fiercely there's no time to blog.  So I suppose this will be a "catch-up" post.

We celebrated the 4th of July.
I even got a little crafty making a centerpiece.

Mister did a great job at the grill, which isn't always the case.  If you tell him I said that I'll be compelled to unfriend you.  (teasing, of course)

I call this our Norman Rockwell photo.
It captures the sentiment of the day,
not to mention our 3 oldest granddolls.

The entire "B" family,
including their new pup (a Chug)
named "Wriggley".  Do you see my sweet Mama seated to the right?

So loved having my baby boy home for 
THREE WHOLE DAYS!
You may remember that it was only a year ago that we almost lost him to a sudden stroke.  So happy to report that he is strong & healthy once again (and vacationing in Belize as I write).  "Thanks be to God the giver of all good things."

* * * * * * * * * * * 
We made a quick drive to and from Tulsa shortly after the forth.  Mister's elderly aunt passed on suddenly and Mister was asked to conduct her service   It was a long day but I think his Aunt would have been pleased with the service.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

This weekend our oldest Tulsa Granddoll and her BFF came to stay with us.  They had tickets for a concert here and we were pleased to give them a roof over their head and have some sweet time with them in between all their busy-ness.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Later this week we'll make the drive to Louisiana to bring these sweet girls (HK & Baby GaGa) and their MaMa, home with us.  They'll be with us for a few weeks while their Daddy is on a brief deployment.

* * * * * * * * *  * * *
AND, you'll never guess what Mister did.
Never!
But I'll save that for my next post since I've blathered on for so long already.

Busy or well-paced, I hope you're enjoying the sweet, sunny, days of Summer.  And I certainly hope your a/c is keeping you cool and comfy.




8 comments:

Katie Mansfield said...

What a sweet family you have. I found you through Nana Diana. It sounds like you had a great 4th. I had to comment on your son and his sudden stroke. I'm so glad he is doing okay. He looks so young to have had one. My brother had one at 47 and it has profoundly altered his speech but we are thankful he survived which he almost did not. Blessings to you.
Katie
Let's Add Sprinkles

gin said...

Loved seeing your 4th celebration. Yes, I did notice your mom in the picture. Your next weeks with your daughter and little ones with you will be priceless! Can't wait to see the action from their visit.

acorn hollow said...

Your son looks healthy and happy and so glad he is well. You have had a busy fourth and lots of family.I bet you are so excited to have your youngest with you for a while.
Cathy

Carol said...

Nice family photos. Glad that your son is better and I am sure you will enjoy having the grand dolls with you.

Debbie said...

Soo glad your son is healthy and strong. Wasn't following back when his stroke must have happened. Scary for anyone, but especially so young. I know you'll enjoy having your daughter and her little ones there for a few weeks. Glad that works out for everyone concerned. Have a good week!

Susie said...

We wait for spring and summer and they came , spring flew right on by and by golly summer is working on it too. So happy about your son's return to good health. We never know what we be dealt to us in this life. So we better tell our families and friends how much we truly love them. Get lots of hugs form those two wee ones. Blessings to you and all your family, xoxo, Susie

Nonnie said...

I seem to suffer from the same dilemma. Your celebration looks like fun. You are blessed to have so many good things going on this summer ... Especially everybody doing well and staying healthy. What fun the next few weeks hold for you! (And I won't tell your secrets!)

Ginny Hartzler said...

How on earth did you manage that header photo? I love your centerpiece!! I would make one myself if it wasn't too late. You have a beautiful family! I have the same blog problem; either nothing happens or everything happens. Found you on Bobbi & Gracie's blog. We have even met a few times when they pass through!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...