SWEET TEA

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Variety is the Spice, and we're Spicy!

Such a variety of things happening during May.  We made another drive to Tulsa on Saturday to celebrate a brand new teenager, our youngest Tulsa granddoll.


Happy 13th Birthday, Grace!!
We began by eating dessert first!
Gave her the choice of The Cheesecake Factory, a local ice cream shop, or a yogurt shop she frequents.  Yogurt was her choice - chocolate with candy toppings..

Then we spent the afternoon shopping with her for clothes & makeup, before a stop at a HUGE video/game/arcade "The Main Event".  We finished the afternoon up with dinner at the place of her choosing, a restaurant along the river.  She ordered sushi (BLECH!) and ate every bite!...How well I remember the day she was born - I digress.

* * * * * * * * * *

This is sooo very random, but I have the need to share.  I've tried making my own Taco/Chili Seasoning Mix before but haven't found quite the right combination UNTIL last week.  Today I doubled the recipe and filled two containers with the mixture.  Bring on the Tacos, Chili, and even brown beans.  Love this stuff!  Found the recipe on Pinterest.  You may already make your own.  I'm often late to the party with things like this, but in case you're interested here is the recipe:

6 T chili powder
4 t ground cumin
3 t. paprika
2 t. garlic powder
2 t onion powder
1 t black pepper
1/4 t cayenne pepper

Mix together and store in an air tight container.  Use 2 T with 1 lb of meat. I put my mixture in an old spice container but a baggie would work just fine.

* * * * * * * * * *
When we bought this house last year we knew we wanted/needed to update the guest bathroom.  It's so frightening hiring a contractor when you're new to the area, but I think I'm about 24 hrs away from signing on the dotted line.  Wish me luck.  Yes, there will be before & after photos and I sure hope they're of the happy variety.
* * * * * * * * * *
Expecting guests next weekend.
Going back to Tulsa for yet another graduation.
Then, HK will be spending next week with us.
Stay tuned!




5 comments:

Nonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nonnie said...

Happy Birthday to Grace! Your granddolls are growing up and they are all beautiful! You are so blessed to be such a short drive away from your family! I agree with you on the sushi! Blech. Good luck with the bathroom.
So far our experiences with places like The Main Event have been Gattiland and places like Chuck E. Cheese. I'm not crazy about video arcades, but I know kids love them.

Anonymous said...

now that was a great celebration! Beautiful photo as well and a great recipe!! Have a great time with your other trip to celebrate another happy occasion!! Grand children,they are truly a blessing,
good luck with the renovations, thats exciting!

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Sounds like your world is busy, busy like mine!! Enjoy all your celebrations!

Carol said...

Happy Birthday to your Granddoll, Grace. My grand doll turned one today! They are such a blessing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...