SWEET TEA

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Lighten up!

"Take it easy, take it easy.
Don't let the sound of your own wheels 
drive you crazy.
Lighten up while you still can
don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
and take it easy."
                                                                       ~Jackson Browne and Glen Frey

This speaks to me today.
Perhaps it's a good winter mantra for these dark, gray, days.  "Lighten up while you still can".  For me that would look like faith rekindled, and contentment in all things.  It would mean more emphasis on being in the moment and finding the "sunny side" even in the dreariness of winter.
Ahhh, I feel lighter already!  *wink


What would "lightening up" look like for you?
Yep.  I really want to know.



10 comments:

Linda said...

Hmmmm What would that look like to me? Not putting so much pressure on myself to be a Martha, not stressing over how my grandchildren are raised and having very little contact with then, and just a relationship with other family members. ...to be content with situations I have no control over. Not sure if that is what you're asking or if that's what I mean.

Susie said...

Thank you for this post...I am gonna miss that man. I love the Eagles. Yes, some times we are too hard on ourselves. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

mindy said...

As always, you make me smile, laugh, or think. :) Great lyrics for a sad, gray day.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Makes me pause. I'm always going 100 miles an hour in my head!
Brenda

Nonnie said...

Taking it easy right now would mean taking each day as it comes and enjoying it, as you said. At the end of the day, I feel a little melancholy that another day has slipped away - I want to enjoy each one I'm given and not worry about the future ones I may or may not have.

Mary said...

Very fitting lyrics today. The world is going to miss Glenn Frey. :(

Linda said...

Slowing down and BEING more instead of DOING more.

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Definitely lightening up on my work load would be nice! More time to chill....I am desperately in need of that right now!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Just kickin it and slow the business down!

Joyce said...

Be present. I think we weigh ourselves down trying to keep up with absolutley everything. I'm spending less time on my phone, facebook, etc and more time in the here and now. Happy new year to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...