SWEET TEA

Sunday, January 17, 2016

I'm not . . .

...a decorator.

        OR
...a home Blogger
        OR
...a photographer.

But I am decorating my house (we've lived here 6 months) and I am gonna blog about it now 'cause that's what I'm doing at this particular time in my life.  It's a lot of work but it's also a lot of fun.  I think I'm getting a lot of it right, but I've also made some mistakes.  "Ah hem", and I'll even show you those too.  Mistakes happen when you're not a professional.  Right?  Please say "yes".  Good and/or bad, home is my favorite place to be and I'm enjoying getting our new-to-us place in order.

This is our little guest piwder room "Before".
It had royal blue wallpaper with both an 8" top & middle border.  I managed to remove the borders myself (please be impressed because this was a LOT of work), but the background wallpaper wouldn't budge.  That's when I hired a professional to texture the wall (over the old wallpaper), so it would be ready for me to paint.




I was pleased with the results.
(Nary a hint of the old yukky wallpaper)
I love it when I get things right.




10 comments:

Nonnie said...

Wow! What a change. It's lovely. Love that soft blue, the white cabinet, starfish and beach picture. I can feel ocean breezes.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Your bathroom must have had a huge sigh of relief to have the wallpaper gone/painted over. Bathroom looks great, a good neutral base for adding colorful decorations.

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Oh it looks so lovely - what a difference!! I didn't know you were also new in your home - I'm in mine 9 months now and I just felt 'settled' recently!

Susie said...

I think you did a fine job. I love the color and that pictures is adorable. Removing wallpaper can be a monster job. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

acorn hollow said...

It looks great
Cathy

Mary said...

Looks great! That's exactly why I don't have wallpaper in my house. What a bear to get rid of!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Wall+paper=why???...smh....

Linda said...

I just removed wall paper in one of our bedrooms, so I know how much fun that is. NOT! I have priming to do and painting. Your bathroom looks very calm and peaceful, I love it. I look forward to seeing more of your decorating.

Deanna said...

Looks great! Love that soft blue.

yaya said...

Love it! It's the look we're going to put in our small master bath...blue and white. I love those colors. It looks very fresh and pretty. I'll look forward to all the before and after posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...