SWEET TEA

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Eighty Six.

Happy Birthday, Mom!
86 yrs. young today!

Our Louisiana family gathered Saturday evening for dinner at her favorite place, Olive Garden.  We had a wonderfully attentive waiter.   In the middle of our meal he handed Mom the dessert menu and told her to choose anything she wanted, free-of-charge.  She chose cheesecake with strawberry topping.  The minute he sat that BIG piece of cheesecake in front of her she immediately pushed the rest of her meal to the side.  There are few things Mom loves more these days than a good dessert!  Did I mention just how much I love my Mom?!
So blessed!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Mom is gonna spend a month with my sister and her family while we make the move.  She seems comfortable with the thought of moving and I anticipate that she'll do just fine.  She is an amazing, strong woman!  The Matriarch of our family!


9 comments:

Linda said...

Good luck with the move. Doesn't it seem like our mothers are the Matriarchs???? She is one smart woman to eat the dessert first and she's blessed to have you and your sister.

Anonymous said...

belated birthday wishes to your beautiful Mom, I like the way she rolls, lol, eat desert, always eat desert!

Susie said...

You are blessed to still have your sweet mom. Hug her for me. Happy birthday to her. I hope your move goes smoothly. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

NanaDiana said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom and God bless her. That is going to be quite a move for her---but I am thrilled that it is going so nicely---xo Diana

Marsha Young said...

So glad that you still have your mom to enjoy. Happy birthday - at 86! That is wonderful. Hope your move is a good one. blessings to you. - Marsha

Nonnie said...

I think your mom has done extraordinarily well through all the events that have been going on in your life! What a blessing you still have her. Happy Birthday to your Mom. Can't wait to see pics of your new place.

yaya said...

Your Mom is beautiful! When I'm 86 (and probably sooner!) I'm having dessert first every meal! Sounds like it was a lovely day. Happy birthday to her!

Mary said...

I love that your mom pushed her dinner aside to eat her dessert! Hope the move goes smoothly for her!

Linda said...

Keeping you/your family in prayer...I just noticed, when I changed blog format, I lost your blog. Have a good weekend. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...