SWEET TEA

Thursday, May 28, 2015

TWO WEEKS.

It's such a bizarre feeling to realize
that in TWO WEEKS this house will be empty and we will no longer be living here.  Not just here in this house, but not even in my beloved, adopted home state of Louisiana.  Out of here! Oklahoma bound! That's where we'll be.



I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to live here.  I've loved the weather.  I've loved this house.  I've loved my Louisiana friends.  I've loved this season of our life.  I think anytime you close a "season" of life it's a little sad, especially when you're of a certain age and realize there are far more seasons behind than there are ahead.  Still, I'm looking forward to the next season and what it will bring.  God-willing we'll get to spend a lot more time with our Tulsa granddolls before they become completely grown up.  I also see lots of "girl time" with our oldest daughter in my future (since she'll only be an hour and a half away).  Have I mentioned just how fun and feisty she is?! My Sister and her family will also be close at hand, as well as our funny Son-in-law! And,  I'm hoping I'll be blessed with some new friends in our new area.

And then there's always the fun of "nesting" into a new (to us) home.

Life is a journey isn't it?

TWO WEEKS.
Then a new season.
Stay tuned!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is exciting,, Blake Sheldon lives in Oklahoma doesn't he?, lol, sorry, thats all I know of Oklahoma but i will learn all about it from you! Best wishes, you must be very busy!! Its always good to near family, only good times to come for you!!

NanaDiana said...

Oh- So exciting...and a bit scary....It is always anxiety producing when we make major changes in our lives. You are going to love it, I think, because you will be close to family- xo Diana

Jill said...

Congratulations!!!It will be an exciting new journey :-)

Many blessings,
Jill

Susie said...

I am sure you will make new friends. I wish you the very best in your new home. I know what you are saying about the grands...they do grow up so fast. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Nonnie said...

I am so excited for you and think it's gonna be a great time in your journey. You guys are blessed.

yaya said...

Good luck on this new adventure! I know making friends will not be a problem with you and I know you'll love the closeness of family. Farewell!

Joyce said...

We're in a similar season, although we're relocating by choice. We move in a little less than two weeks, but are going into a rental while we build. Life is an adventure and I'm trying to see it that way. It doesn't come naturally to me : ) I think big changes in mid-life help keep us young at heart. Best wishes in your new home and city!

Cheri said...

Oh Debbie a new adventure awaits you and how fun to decorate a new house. Will the newlyweds be closer also? After the long drive you use to have to see your Tulsa family an hour and a half will seem like nothing. Hope the transition goes smoothly for you and I am sure you will make some wonderful friends.

Wild Oregonian said...

I hope things keep going smoothly for you and that the move goes off without a hitch!

Linda said...

Yes, I am looking forward to learning about your new life in OK. It will be fun and scary at the same time. Being closer to some of the family will be lots of fun too! God Bless!

NanaDiana said...

Hi! I don't have a private email for you and you come through as a No Reply when you leave a comment. You had a question for me? Shoot me an email if you'd like- dianakos1@gmail.com

And, thanks for visiting my blog! xo Diana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...