SWEET TEA

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April 2nd Day!

April 2.
Poor little neglected day hardly gets any attention after all the antics of it's forerunner.  Here is what April 2nd looked like for me.

Laundry to be folded.

Drying rack was placed on the patio - UNTIL the rain began.  Then it was all brought inside.  Very attractive, don't you think?!

Pulled pork slowly cooking and making the house smell WON-DER-FUL.  (I still use my old vintage crockpot much more often than my new one  - nothing cooks like it does.)

New mint plant.
Potted and moved to it's home
on the front porch where it waits 
(and hopefully grows)
to merge with a Summer pitcher of good ol' yummy
Sweet Tea!

April 1st may be lots of fun,
but April 2nd is when all the work
gets done.
(Gee, that rhymes!)

Hope you've had a good, productive day!







10 comments:

Linda said...

You gotta love sweet tea with MINT!!! I love your 'real life' posts!!

NanaDiana said...

April 2nd was the day,
When Deb at Sweet Tea couldn't play.
She had work that needed done,
Too bad for her-she had no fun!
xo Diana

Anonymous said...

that sign is perfect!! I love that drying rack, well the little clothes on it, lol!!!To be able to put mint out is a dream for me at this point, still lots of snow here!

Jeanie said...

I am not a big fan of practical jokes so April 2 sounds like a fine day to me. It looks like yours was a productive day. I would love to be having some of that pulled pork for dinner.

Susie said...

I love laundry hung out doors...but not around here...my neighbor will burn her trash , just when you least expect it..pu. nasty. But put the fan on to help dry, clever girl. I am planning on buy some mint plants...just for the smell. xoxo,Susie

yaya said...

Fun post! My youngest was born on this day so I always have something to celebrate after the first!

Miss Dishywoo said...

Me too, on preferring the old crock pot. I have two, and the older one works differently than the newer one. No idea why. My April 2 has been very productive. I took my vacuum cleaner apart and thoroughly cleaned it. It looks brand new! It felt good to get to tell that to someone after all the work! Haha

Anonymous said...

It is very difficult ti dry the clothes during rain. Nice to see your new mint plant. It gives nice smell for your house!

SouthLakesMom said...

I love the teeny little HK clothes on the rack. So cute ... and stepping back in time, how did you ever get the ladybug suit OFF her? So adorable!

Yumm....pulled pork. Nothing does it like the crockpot. What's your recipe? I use onions, pork, Dr. Pepper, and chipotle peppers. Then after 8 hours, I shred it, add BBQ sauce and let it wallow for another hour or so. Yummmm...(recipe from Pioneer Woman)

bj said...

I like the 2nd better, too....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...