SWEET TEA

Monday, June 3, 2013

"Implosion" averted.


I am smelling a lot like self-tanner these days.  Do you think it's because I'm wearing self-tanner?

The "List" (for Mister) is still  in effect.
This List has 6 points on it.  Mister is now through 3 1/2..  I have high hopes that Mister is gonna' ace this list.  WOO!  HOO!  What a good Mister I have!!

I have given up on ever having a clean house again.  When there is so much going on under one roof it is an impossibility.

Lil' Mama attended her first college class Thursday.  So proud of her "moving forward" with her education.  I am working on a few details for her high school graduation luncheon. We are having the luncheon at a local Tea Room which means there is not much I need to do to prep.  I am the "Queen of Short-cuts" these days.  BTW. this is an unsolicited endorsement for the online company, "Zazzle".  We ordered Lil' MaMa's graduation announcements and her luncheon invites from them - adorable and they ship quickly.  I've used them before and am always beyond pleased with them.  Just thought you'd want to know in case you're ever needing such things.

I miss my adult kids - sure wish we all lived together in a commune closer so I could see them as often as I'd like.  *whine*  I wish it was a law that families couldn't live beyond a mile from each other.

Thanks for reading - I had the need to "ramble" or I was gonna implode.  *wink*










13 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Hey! You don't have TIME to implode! Glad your girl is getting her education...that will serve her well. I am fortunate to have 3 of my 4 kids live close by. xo Diana

Susie said...

Good for your daughter, she won't regret getting a degree. My mom once said she wished we had just built on another room anytime one of us got married and we could all live in the same house. With a head stuck out every window...just like the Amish. Now see, that was my mom's way of talking and thinking. She had to have been off her rocker...we eleven children drove her nuts... and she'd want more? LOL Enjoy your week. xoxo,Susie

Nonnie said...

Congratulations on getting some of the things done. We have been working on a few lists around here, too.
The compound has been one of our dreams. We are fortunate that at least son and family live close by, but would be even better for all of us to be within shouting distance.
I gave up on clean house, (or maybe I should say uncluttered), and I feel such freedom!! Kids pulling out toys, slobbery handprints, headstands against the wall, shoes on furniture - all these things tell me there is LIFE here! Makes me happy.
Glad Lil Mama is moving on with her education and sounds like she will have a fun party.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh we are so alike. I have Andy here since he was two weeks old - my mom was here. My husband has a list. And I wish all my family lived in a commune! lol
sandie

Tammy said...

Sounds like you are busy, and getting a lot done and the Mister is doing his list too. Good luck with all you have in the works and try to take time out for yourself!!

Linda said...

I feel the same about wishing all mine lived closer to me! I feel that my other children may THINK I am PARTIAL to the quads! They live so close and need extra hands to help.
Good for you and your daughter!!
You are an inspiration!

Deanna said...

Our son and his girlfriend live in our guest house. We've said that if we were to win the lottery we'd build another house on our land for our daughter and son-in-law. We've had several of our kids' friends say they wish they could live here, too. I am only half-joking when I say I would like to have my own commune.

karen said...

I'm feeling your pain on the long distance family thing. Today is my youngest's 30th birthday and I miss him so much. I was invited to come for his celebration for the weekend but just couldn't justify the $600+ airfare. *double whine*
On self tanners: if someone ever comes up with one that has no scent whatsoever, and STILL WORKS, they will make a fortune.

SouthLakesMom said...

And here I thought the potential implosion had something to do with his list. Whew! I feel better.

Best to your daughter as she takes this next step. It's hard to be a momma and student at the same time -- she is very blessed to have you supporting her!

Sush said...

Great news all around! First off so glad you didn't implode...but I've been there so done that and it ain't pretty!
Congrats on baby girl sticking with the college route. She is one hard working lil Momma...your support is making her a success I'm sure.
Thanks for the Zazzle tip I may be using it before too long...
Clean house? Whut shut the front door. Never heard of those, lol!
Have a great luncheon, looking forward to seeing some photos..
Hugs~

yaya said...

Congrats to your wonderful hubby for getting to that list! Congrats to your daughter for advancing her education! I agree with having children close. I have one son who lives in Oregon and the rest all live here in Ohio in the same town as us...that's a blessing! I miss my other son and his family though, especially at family functions. I feel your implode pain!

Simone said...

I'm so very proud of Lil Mama for moving forward. Implode away, my friend!

Cheri said...

Congrats to your daughter and I know the feeling of having your kids live so far away, all 3 of ours live in different states and we go from 5 hours, 12 hours and 20 hours. I think should be a law too, at least within a 2 hour radius. I'd settle for that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...