SWEET TEA

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"Don't Do It!"

Patience
is what it's all about when a train is sitting
as in NOT MOVING on the track.
(I could make all sorts of analogies with this one,
but instead, I'll leave you to think of your own.)

We (Mom and I) sat in the car waiting for a l-o-n-g time.  Finally, the train began to rumble slowly down the track.  This made us late for Mom's Bingo game at the senior center.  Upon arriving late, I found there was an unwritten rule about coming in late for Bingo.  The rule?  "Don't do it."  They don't take kindly to late arrivals. Mom didn't seem to pick up on the vibe.  I got the message loud and clear.
Too funny!!

10 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh my, who knew that people were that uptight about Bingo. They need to relax, after all stuff happens.

Unknown said...

Sometimes, rules are made to be broken! :)

Nonnie said...

I'm glad your Mom was oblivious. Hope she had a good time.

Linda said...

People can be hateful! Glad your mom didn't notice!

Marissa said...

This made me laugh... those senior citizens sure like drama sometimes.. who knew even at bingo..

acorn hollow said...

watch out for those bingo people they can be mean. I went once with my mom and holy cow that was the last time I sat in someone's seat and you would have thought I murdered someone.
Cathy

nancygrayce said...

Oh, yes! When mama was able to play, I noticed how serious they were about their bingo!

marejohn said...

oh my...and OH WELL! Hopefully Mom had fun and I'm glad she "didn't get" the no late rule! (insert raspberry to mean bingo players here.)

Chatty Crone said...

Who cares - as long as your mom had fun! sandie

NanaDiana said...

B-I-N-G-O! Love it when they get all crabby about it! xo Diana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...