SWEET TEA

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Just sayin' . . .

It was one of those days I woulda, shoulda, coulda, oughta, have had my camera with me.  I was driving down a busy street in our town when I came across a two block area full of . . .

Port-a-pottys.
They were scattered about - different colors, and in varying degrees of "newness".  Randomly spaced, some had been placed on an incline that looked as though they would tip into the tiny creek adjacent to them if anyone set out to really use them.  It takes very little to amuse me, so I found this quite the funny sight as I let my imagination take flight.  A couple of men wandered among them counting and plotting.  Mardi Gras parades were held this weekend so I'm sure this was a holding area before placing them along the parade route for the big day.  Seeing all of these made me think of  -

THIS!
I've heard my parents tell lots of stories about this familiar structure of their youth.  Some of their stories are funny, but none are very pleasant.

I will never again complain when I clean the bathroom.
I will never again complain when I clean the bathroom.
I will never again complain when I clean the bathroom.
I will never again complain when I clean the bathroom.

Just sayin' . . .

9 comments:

Nonnie said...

LOL!! My grandma and grandpa in Arkansas had a two-seater until I was about 11. Ugh! Sooooo thankful for indoor plumbing. I have always wondered how my Mom managed when we would visit my grandparents. She had three kids and the heat was wood stoves and water was drawn from the well. No Pampers! Yikes.

Jeanie said...

A large gathering of port-a-pottys does do something to trigger the imagination.....I'm not sure I really like thinking about any of the things it makes me imagine though. :)

Chatty Crone said...

Ha - never say never...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
yaya said...

Growing up we camped every summer all across the US. Every winter Dad would get out the Rand McNally campsite guides and we would pick the places to stop on our destinations...a campground with indoor plumbing was top on the list!! I don't enjoy cleaning bathrooms, but I'm grateful for them!

Tammy said...

Thinking about outhouses, esp. in summer does make one extremely grateful for indoor plumbing and the wonderful, fresh smelling cleaning products of our modern world. Hugs!!

acorn hollow said...

we use to go to an old camp on a lake every year that had one of these. when I was a teen I would beg my parents to stay at my friends house for the two weeks lord I hated it. And I will walk 10 miles to not use a porta potty.
Cathy

Anonymous said...

I agree with chatty, never ever say never!!Great post, you always make my day, I hope you and your family are well,

Anonymous said...

It must take very little to amuse me, as well, because I just recently took a picture of a pickup with port-a-potties in the back careening around a corner. Not to be mean, or anything, but since I had my camera, if they happened to tip over, I was ready...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...