SWEET TEA

Monday, October 29, 2012

Regular.Vintage.Come-To-Mama.

It's a "regular" October day here in Louisiana.  The sun is shining and the air is warming after a brief cold-snap this weekend.  I almost feel guilty saying that while knowing there are so many people enduring nasty weather from "Sandy".  I enjoy a "regular" day and when one hears's of horrid weather it is a reminder, to enjoy these "regular" days to the max.

On this "regular" day, I am cooking Crockpot Chicken and Dumplin's.  I've never made this in the crockpot before so I hope it works.  I'm gonna add a can of mixed veggies and call it, "Chicken Pot Pie Soup".  I'll feel a little less guilty about eating all those calories if there's a few veggies in the mix.  *wink


Look at my Crockpot.
This thing is a thousand years old.
I think it was the "original" crockpot which came
out umpteen years ago.
I've contemplated getting a new one,
but this thing still heats and performs like a charm.
Newer IS probably better, but I'm declaring it 
the title of  "Vintage Crockpot" which means
all the dents, dings, and spill-overs add
to it's charm.
Yeah.  Right.

Also, look what I tucked away in the oven.

"Come-to-MaMa" Pumpkin Bread.
I quickly wrapped this baby in aluminum foil
and put it in the freezer for another day.
(I may have eaten a piece before I froze it.)
That cannot be confirmed at this time.

The washer is sloshing, the dryer is humming,
and the TV is playing random programs
in the background.

It is a "regular" day.
I hope you're having a "regular" day,
(whatever that looks like where you are)
and may God bless & keep those who
are experiencing rough weather.

May "regular" days soon
be around for everyone!



16 comments:

Mari said...

Yum! I have White Chicken Chili cooking in my crockpot. Sounds good on a blustery day. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the sound of that crockpot dinner! And the pumpkin , loaf.I made chicken stew and dumplings today and pumpkin muffins, great minds think a like!!!!

acorn hollow said...

sounds wonderful. I don't think newer is better if it still does the job keep it.
Cathy

NanaDiana said...

Sounds like my kinda day. My VINTAGE crockpot finally gave up the ghost so I have a newer one. Would you believe this has a Keep Warm setting on it PLUS the Lo & High controls...love it.

Did you mean you froze ONE slice or ATE one slice? lol Blessings-xo Diana

Linda said...

I love your 'regular' day!!
I am having another 'sick day' so we have decided to go home tomorrow where we will stay for one whole week!! Tuesday - Tuesday. If I'm going to be sick I would rather be sick at HOME!!

While I am at home I will be making Pumpkin Muffins....already packed the cans of pumpkin to take back with us. Seems strange to take food BACK home with us. Guess we really DO 'live' in our RV now!

Nonnie said...

Your post is almost "spooky" to me because I was musing today about the perfect day I was enjoying as the people on the East Coast were in the midst of a perfect storm. Also, the fact that I have chicken pot pie in the oven now. Weird.
I invested in a new crock pot last year as mine was about 40 years old and looked very much like yours.

Susie said...

I love that your crock-pot has character:):) I gave my daughter the first crock-pot I ever owned. She still uses it.:) I have a small one and a large one now. Oooo that bread and some coffee would be nice. Enjoy your regular day honey...that is the real stuff of life. Smiles, Susie

Bobbie said...

I love your regular day! Your crock pot reminds me of my Bible.. very worn but still does the job!!

My regular day here consists of very high winds and lots of rain! Gracie says she's not going out there.. no way, no how!! LOL

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Regular days like that are pretty darn good! Sounds similar to my day. Your crock pot reminds me of my very first one!

Jill said...

We are smack dab in the middle of the hurricane weather... :-( so enjoy that sunny day! I just love crock pot meals and that pumpkin bread looks delicious!!! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Jill

OurGangof7 said...

That pumpkin bread looks yummy.
As for the crockpot,,,that looks just like one that my mum used to have when I was a kid (different brand since we are in Australia) but identical in every way lol. As for a newer version being better,,,,don't bet on that.I bought a new one a few years ago and although it is great, it certainly isn't a true slow cooker,,,this one can actually burn things if left unattended,,,not exactly what these things are designed for! Lucky for me I don't go out to work so I can generally be around to keep an eye on things lol.
My suggestion is to stick with the old one, vintage is always better lol

Jeanie said...

I am a big fan of "regular" days and yours sure looks like a good one. I am also a big fan of pumpkin bread and I have to say the same about yours....looks very good.

Tammy said...

Dinner and pumpkin bread sound so delish!! I just love to smell a crock pot in the house on fall days!!

yaya said...

Your crockpot brought a tear to my eye! I had one almost identical except it was olive green! It cooked like a pro and I loved it's size. Now I have a shiny new one and I don't care for it at all..it cooks way too hot! Even on warm! It's too big also. I would give my eye teeth for my old one, but it bit the dust a few years ago. I was so sad I even blogged about it...I have to go get some kleenix now...

Mary said...

I made Red & White Chicken Chili on the stove...I usually make it in my crockpot. Mine's about 28 years old and it still works like a charm. I've thought about getting a new one, too, but can't justify getting one if this one works. also, made yummy pumpkin muffins & cornbread! It's COLD here!

karen said...

Why thank you! We DID have a gorgeous day today! Marred only by worrying about the kids on the east coast. But as luck would have it, all is well with them. I want a piece of that pumpkin bread...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...