SWEET TEA

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hard fall.


"There was a nail on the field & Grace hit it-Ouch!!"

We received this photo/text from our daughter this 
afternoon, regarding Grace, who is our 9 yr old Granddoll.  
(They are in Oklahoma.
We are in Louisiana.)
We winced.  Poor Grace!
We called but couldn't reach them,
so we began texting to see how Grace was feeling,  did she get a tetanus shot, plastic surgeon, etc. etc.

Finally, we got a "call back" from our daughter.
"Scroll down", she said.
"What?"
"Scroll down - there is more to the text."

We scrolled down and read,
"Just kidding, the Zombies were sporting 
Zombie tatoos today! 
(Grace asked me to play this joke on you) 

The Zombies are our Granddoll's soccer team.

Not funny.

Well, actually it is funny since it wasn't true.
This photo looked so real on the tiny phone screen where we originally saw it for the first time.  

We'd been punked. 
"Halloween Punked"!
She got us good.
And we fell for it.
Hard.

Ever been "punked" 
or fell hard for a practical joke?

*sorry for the strange spacing and word divisions.
I guess it is the season for all types of gremlins
and zombies in the posting of this blog.


18 comments:

Susan said...

You got me. It never occurred to me that it wasn't real. We're old aren't we?

yaya said...

I've worked in surgery for 40yrs...I thought, "whoever sewed that girls face should be shot!"...Gotta love Grandkiddos!

Anonymous said...

got me too! Had me convinced!! So glad she is OK!!!!

nancygrayce said...

Oh, my! It would have scared me to death! I actually stepped on a nail at a jr. High school football game and my parents didn't take me to get a tetanus shot until the next day! I held my mouth open all night convinced I was getting lock jaw! :)

I'll bet lots of folks get zombie jokes this year!

Anonymous said...

I kind of don't like practical jokes that have the potential to really upset someone. Glad you found out as soon as you did that it was a "joke"
SueZK

Terra said...

You "got me", I was horrified. Bad daughter to prank you, you must have been horrified too! Glad your darling granddaughter is fine.

Unknown said...

The picture got me too. The first thing I said was OUCH! I'm glad that it was just a halloween "prank". I'm sure your heart was beating quite hard.

marejohn said...

hmmm, not laughing yet, but as soon as I recover, I'm sure I'll chuckle!!! SO glad it was a punk! Now ThAT was scary...poor grandma...don't they KNOW how easily we could have a heart attack????

BIKBIK AND RORO said...

Hahaha.. yes, it is funny since it wasn't true (thankfully!)! I was thinking, those stitches are pretty bad; the wound's still gaping lol

Rhona said...

I fell for it too and was feeling quite ill for her- glad it wasn't an actual cut! x

NanaDiana said...

Hi! I am back from my bloggy break. I had a sick feeling in my stomach when I saw that first picture. OH MY! I am glad she is okay in real life! Have a wonderful Sunday- xo Diana

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh no, my heart sank just reading it. Give me a treat...no tricks please!!! Sooooooo happy it is not true.

Mary said...

Bwaaa-haaa-haaa! That SO sounds like something I would do! :)

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Poor baby girl, ouch!
Thanks for coming by and visiting me, and following! I have done the same.

Chatty Crone said...

Not that bad I haven't!

Beth J said...

I was reaching for my phone when I read the bottom part. And it was late at night! Good thing I kept reading for details. That injury looked horrible!! Relieved that it's not true... Ugh!!

Anonymous said...

you punked me. i was cringing for the poor girl!

she's adorable, by the way.

mommamindy.wordpress.com
mommamindyprairieprimer.wordpress.com

My Mind's Eye said...

WOW that was very very real.
rusty nails are no fun. Mom jumped down from a tree house when she was a wee lass when she was visiting her cousin. The nail went in her heel. It went in pretty deep too.
In no time swollen and horrid looking. She had to get a shot and could not walk for nearly a week
Hugs Madi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...