SWEET TEA

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

On the back burner . . .


I have put all my "issues" on the back burner. . .


packed my suitcase to overflowing,


and tomorrow I (we) will be on the road to Atlanta


for my annual
"Girl's Get-Away"!

Yes, I'm even willing to suffer my usual
"R.T.A.D."
(Road Trip Aversion Disorder)
to be with these special friends.

Rather than flying, we decided to make it a Road Trip.  Since our youngest son lives in Atlanta,  it makes for a good opportunity for Mister to hang out with "baby boy" while I am with the girls, then we'll finish up our stay by celebrating our boy's Birthday before we head home next week.  (It's been several years since we have been with him on his birthday so this will be a treat too.)

You KNOW I'll come back with lots of photos and "tales to tell".

The only thing that would make the get-away better would be if YOU were there to join in the fun!  I'll promise to think of you (at least a little) while I'm there.



17 comments:

Liz Mays said...

A backburner weekend sounds FAB-ulous. Have a wonderful time!

nancygrayce said...

Have a great time ! You deserve a break from the front burner! Wish I was going!

Shelly said...

Now that sounds like a GREAT time! Enjoy every minute~

My Mind's Eye said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip.
We have been MIA
My Mom (Madi's g=ma) fell last week, broke her left hip and had surgery she is now in rehab which is hard but especially for an 84 y.o.
Hugs Madi and Mom

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Have a safe trip and the best of times.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Have a wonderful time and a safe trip! Happy Birthday to your son!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Sounds like such fun. Have a great time and wish the baby boy a very Happy Birthday from me.

karen said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! Enjoy the break, and have lots of fun with the girls, and with family when you return.

Proverbs 31 Wannabe said...

Yay for Road trips and Girls Weekends!! Hope you have a super fun time!!

Ellie said...

Oh sounds like fun - I hope you have a great time.
Many thanks for your congratulations - congratulations to you too. It is so very exciting isn't it?

Mandy said...

My favorite thing A Road Trip....One dayI am comming over there and having my own road trip...Have a great girliee time and forget and have FUN....

Anonymous said...

buy me a present, k?

i think it's great timing for you.
enjoy,enjoy, enoy!

be blessed, my friend

Mary said...

Have a GREAT weekend!

Kimmy said...

I remember when you went last year. Can't believe it's been a year already! Have fun!! And Happy Birthday to your son!

yaya said...

This sounds like fun! Enjoy yourself and just relax and have good times with friends!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, lucky you!! Sounds wonderful, Have a wonderful trip, I have started my new blog, I hope you find me, my google account was hacked thats how my blog was compromised, I'm all new from the ground up, I had to join as a follower here again,

Jill said...

I just know your having a fabulous time! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

blessings,
Jill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...