SWEET TEA

Monday, April 30, 2012

Yes to NYC!



Good Morning Blog Friends!

If you've been following my Blog you know we've been toying with the idea of taking a vacation to NYC, and you also know I've been dragging my feet...No more!  I made the reservations and we are set to go

Can't remember if I posted this or not, but originally we had planned to take our 3 granddolls and vacation in Washington, DC, but oldest grand was frightened at the thought of flying, so we nixed that idea.  After making our NYC reservations I posted on FB that we were planning a vacation in the Big Apple.  Then, Saturday afternoon I had a series of texts from our oldest (14 yr.) Granddoll (GD).

GD:  So I heard you're going to NYC.
         I WANNA GO!  I would fly for NYC!
         Please take me?

Me:  Have you talked to your Mom and
         Dad about this?

GD: I'm already begging them!

Me: Are you SURE you would fly?

GD: For NYC...YES!

Me: Tell your Mom I will call later
        and we'll discuss it.
        We'd love for you to go.

GD: LOVE YOU.  LOVE YOU.
       I'm so glad I'm named after you all.  ;-)
  
Her Mom (our daughter) is going to call the school today and see if Granddoll can be excused for those days, as she will still be in school at that time.  The rules are very strict, but I've got my fingers crossed it can be worked out.

Aren't kids funny??!!

We are thinking that perhaps next year we can go somewhere and take the two younger Granddolls. Perhaps somewhere there is an amusement park - something we think they would enjoy.

Busy. Busy. Days. Ahead.

EDITED to add:  Granddoll got the OK from school.  Just booked her ticket and she is Good-to-Go!

                         

19 comments:

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

That's great! I am so happy to hear you will be making this trip. You and your Granddoll will have so much fun.

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, I sure hope she can go with you. How wonderful!

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

That should be a fun trip. It's always more fun when you share it with a child or a grand. Funny she wouldn't fly for D.C. though. I haven't been to NYC but we have been to DC many times and have tried to fanagle a meeting with our grandsons there. Glad your trip worked. I want to see pictures.

marejohn said...

YEAH! SO SO glad it's a GO for you all..you will have a blast. Our oldest granddoll (may I use your term or is there a patent on it??) will graduate next year and would love to have a little trip with her before she takes off on her own (that takes my breath away!)
You will have a BLAST!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh - how wonderful is that? Awesome! sandie

nancygrayce said...

OH, so glad she gets to go! This will mean so much to them and as I always say.....you're making memories!

karen said...

You are going to have such a good time - and what a great experience for your granddaughter!

NanaDiana said...

How wonderful is that! It is hard to tell who is more excited- YOU or HER! It is a vacation she will never forget. I'll bet you just can't wait! xo Diana

acorn hollow said...

Have fun. grand doll though DC would be a bit to educational for her vacation needs:)
Cathy

Jeanie said...

I'm very excited for you. It will be such a fun trip. I hope I can take each of my grandkids on a trip before they are out of high school and I would love to take the girls to NYC.

yaya said...

DC is so great too. It's about a 61/2hr drive from here and it's the big 8th grade trip. My 14yr. old grandkiddo is going in May. New York is only about 10hrs from here and I've driven and flown..I hate to fly so driving never bothers me! I know you will have a ton of fun and it's so nice that you can take a Grandkiddo too. Those are memories in the making and she'll always remember this. Hey, I know a great amusement park...Cedar Point, OH..only 1hr. from here! We live in a very central spot I think!

Joy Tilton said...

Making Memories... that's what it's all about! We've talked about taking our Grandson to Washington with us, I think it would be so much fun!

Lynda G. said...

Oh, that's so wonderful! NYC is great fun! :D

Rhona said...

How wonderful! Funnily enough,I think if I said I'd take my DD (15) to NYC she'd probably make the flight too ;o) xx

Jill said...

She will love it! I took hayley there on a bud trip to American girl and we had the best day :-) Enjoy!!
Can't wait to see pictures :-)

Blessings,
Jill

The Old Dairy said...

Can't wait to see your pics as this time next year I am going to NY to meet one of my daughters for her 21st...It is a long from Aust to there though...Enjoy your trip and your grandies....

Unknown said...

Hooray! Hope you all have a wonderful time!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

What a rockin' gal ya are sweetie...makin' sweet, sweet memories there.

Ya'll are gonna have a blast and a half in NYC! I can't wait to hear all 'bout it.

God bless and have the time of your lives girl!!! :O)

busana muslim grosir said...

Your photos are just amazing! I am so in love with them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...