SWEET TEA

Friday, December 23, 2011

"It's a Wonderful Wife"

Mister's favorite movie is, "It's a Wonderful Wife Life".  If you knew Mister you would say it's the "perfect fit" for him. We watch it every year on Christmas Eve. We've seen it so many times that we can recite many of the lines as we watch.

This hangs in our dining room to remind us,
"no man is a failure who has friends".


This is over our Entry Way
and was a gift from friends.

"You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down."

"Every time a bell rings an angel
gets his wings".


This is my all-time favorite.
I love the simple children,
simple music,
and the simple, important, message.
The fact that it's only 25 min. long
makes it for people of all ages.

"Of all the Charlie Browns,
you're the Charlie Browniest"!

"It's really not such a bad little tree. . .
all it needs is a little love".

And who can forget Linus as he recites the true meaning of Christmas?!
Be still my heart.*Do you know what Linus'
last name is?*
(no fair googling)
A little trivia to think about.

What's your favorite Christmas movie?

13 comments:

Bobbie said...

I love both of those movies, but I haven't seen Charlie Brown in a while. We just watched It's a Wonderful Life last week. Another good movie is One Magic Christmas.. LOVE THAT MOVIE!!

NanaDiana said...

It's A Wonderful Life is my all time favorite Christmas story, too. I love that it shows the beautiful simplicity of the true spirit of Christmas. Merry Christmas to you and your family- xo Diana

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Watch them both every year, sometimes more than once. Merry Christmas.

KTW said...

It's a Wonderful Life wins, hands down! :) Love that movie! Tucker joined me in watching it just last week and it was his first time seeing it. I think my 9 year old was impressed! :) I love Jimmy Stewart and I've always wanted to be Donna Reed. ;)

When Linus recites the scripture...I melt! Every. Single. Time. The kids even got me a Linus doll that plays a recording of it. <3

Jeanie said...

Van Pelt popped into my head as Linus' last name....don't laugh to hard if I am totally wrong.
I love watching " A Wonderful Life", and of course, "Charlie Brown is always a favorite.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I'm with your husband; I watch "It's a Wonderful Life" every year ... and cry. But this one is very, very, very closely followed by the 1951 version of "A Christmas Carol" with Allister Sim. That's what I'll be watching tonight ... and crying!

Joyce said...

White Christmas is my favorite but we've been quoting Charlie Brown all week too. I also love Christmas Story.

Merry Christmas!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Diggin' 'round pushin' the cobwebs outta the way but is the name Van Pelt? Or somethin' like that!

God bless ya sweetie and have a wonderful Christmas surrounded by the love of family and laughter of friends.

MERRY CHRISTMAS YA'LL!!!

Jo said...

It's A Wonderful Life is my favorite. It would not be Christmas with out at least watching it once. With that said I love Charlie Brown Too. Merry Christmas

yaya said...

I love most old Christmas movies...and I love Christmas Story with Ralphie....reminds me of my childhood! Elf makes me laugh it's so dumb! Have a great Christmas!

Brenda Pruitt said...

I don't guess I have a favorite. I don't watch much tv. Merry Christmas to you as you watch your favorite movies!
Brenda

Chatty Crone said...

It's A Wonderful Life is my favorite movie - ever. sandie

Jill of All Trades said...

Well, Charlie Brown Christmas is my fav for sure as that was my nickname for awhile when I was young. (I used to say "Oh Good Grief" all the time). Probably my ALL TIME favorite is Holiday Inn/White Christmas!

Merry Christmas! Carla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...