SWEET TEA

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Crap Shoot!

I have the urge to do some redecorating.
When I decorate it's like rolling the dice -
sometimes I'm lucky and it turns out nicely,
sometimes I totally miss.
It's a crap shoot.

"Oh-how-I-envy-you
Decorating Dynamos
who pen the beautiful home decorating blogs"!

The Master bedroom is my victim project.
  1. Bedroom Suite - Oak, 10 yrs old, (pd a lot for it so it must stay)
  2. Adjoining master bath - "beigy" wall paper, very neutral, non obtrusive pattern
With those facts in mind I am gonna try to marry Shabby Chic with a bit of updated country.  I'm hoping to end up with something that looks comfortable & cozy without looking like the "old" country that was such a trend 15/20 yrs ago.
I've ordered this from Overstock.com.
I felt I needed to stay in the "beige" tones
so it will flow with the adjoining bathroom.
Since we live in the south a quilt is a good
weight for the entire year.

This is gonna be a BIG job.
I'll have to paint the bedroom before
moving on to the decorating part.

I've gathered some great ideas from Blogs
and from Pinterest,
but I'll have to see if I can
implement them.
To decorate, I'm gonna pull the "cinnamon" color
from the quilt, and even use a
tiny bit of the "blue" - I'm not a "blue"
girl but I think I could handle
a little in the mix.

If I show you photos later it will mean
I am pleased with the roll of the dice -

If not. . .
there will be no photos
and I'll just have to leave the bedroom door
SHUT!


 

16 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I think putting color via accessories is perfect. I love what you have so far!

Deanna said...

I dropped by to visit you from Stuff from a Boomer. My decorating skills are definitely ShabbyChic long before the word was invented. Our home is an eclectic hodge podge of estate auctions... so decorate away! There are no rules except to do what makes you happy.

I hope you love the outcome. You have a nice blog. Glad I caught you on a smiling day :)

Deanna

My Mind's Eye said...

I love the comforter set...I've never visited overstock.com...just might have to do that.
Hugs C

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Good beginning - you should get a LOT of posts with this project. Step by step. Prep for painting is always a lot of work - I now do it one wall at a time and bag the roller/brush so I don't have to clean them every day.
- Joy

Tammy said...

My Hubby and I recently switched from a queen to a King sized bed. I bought a new quilt set at Penney's similar to yours.

I love it now in the summer because it is light-weight but and kind of wondering how warm it will keep us on the cold Ohio winter nights.

Good luck with your decorating. I'm not so hot at it myself!

Mari said...

I'm anxious to see your finished project. I need to redo my bedroom too and I also have an oak bedroom suite. I like the quilt!

Sush said...

As I write we are in the process of remodeling/decorating our master bed and bath. As my husband is my contractor/workman and is employed elsewhere it takes a looonnnnnggg time to reach the end of the road. I'll be posting some of his efforts...the initial phase began last year when we were forced into this project. We had a 'failure' in the roof around the chimney which led to a deluge of water in the bedroom and the family room below. Zip walls, exhaust fans the size of a utility room later we are moving on...The family room was completed first. Now the master...hmm

I"m sending you positive decorating and quick moving thoughts!
Hugs~

Jill said...

Can't wait to see the after pics! :-) Have fun

Blessings,
Jill

Maria G. said...

Hi!
I found your blog from sweet nothing! I am your newest follower (200th follower):)
I love the quilt! I can't wait to see the final result!
Come and visit me at chicinflipflops.blogspot.com

CalamityJr said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the changes!

Anonymous said...

beautiful and you always make me smile!

karen said...

How exciting! I love to change things up, and figure out colors, etc. We've done almost every room in the house. The master bedroom is next but it also involves the master bath so we're saving our pennies at the moment. Our last project was the upstairs bath and my husband did most of the work - almost killed him so I'm not sure if he's anxious to do much this time around. Looking forward to seeing what you do!

Jeanie said...

I need a bedroom re-do....I will be interested to see how yours turns out. I keep getting bedspreads, comforters, etc. that I don't like after I get them home.

Chris said...

Very interesting blog. I can see that I shall have lots of fun following you. Have a wonderful Friday.

Anonymous said...

A change of seasons always brings out the urge to redecorate in me! Only this year, I can't and it's really bugging me! One thing that really made a big difference when we updated our house to sell: strip the wallpaper and paint. BIG job, stripping wallpaper, but ours was ugly and now I am so happy with the paint. Just have fun with it, enjoy the process and step back occasionally to survey the damage, LOL. I bet it will be pretty and can't wait to see the photos.

Unknown said...

Love that quilt! Can't wait to see the finished room. You'll do great--I've seen pics of other rooms in your house and they're lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...