SWEET TEA

Monday, July 4, 2011

Red, White & Blue


Happy 4th of July from our home
to yours!

If tomorrow all the things were gone
I’d worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.


I’d thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘ Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can’t take that away.


And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.


And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

From the lakes of Minnesota,
to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,
From sea to shining sea.


From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say.


That I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

And I’m proud to be and American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.


And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
   
       ~Lee Greenwood




12 comments:

Kimmy said...

Happy 4th of July to you too!!! Hey, isn't that a country song?? Sounds familiar :o)

bj said...

Hi, Sweet Tea..I'm over from KIM'S and I'm bj. I love the name of your blog..really cute and catchy.

I am about to be your newest follower..come by to see me when you can.

Happy 4th..
xo bj

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

You asked about Williamsburg -- my favorite time to visit is fall -- October weather is usually really wonderful here. Second choice would be at Christmas -- it's beautifully decorated. But anytime is good -- my DIL was surprised at how much there was to see and we didn't even scratch the surface.

NanaDiana said...

That is my all time favorite song for the 4th of July. It always puts a lump in my throat. Happy 4th to you! xo Diana

Chatty Crone said...

ME TOO!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!! HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY - SANDIE

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

Happy 4th. This song always moves me.

We went to Williamsburg in April this year. It was great. The middle of the week. No big groups and it was beautiful weather.

Sush said...

I always get so moved by that song...one of my sons lives in the DC suburbs and they went tonight to the Mall for all the celebrations. This son was in the Air Force and really goes all out for the Fourth of July!

Hugs~

SouthLakesMom said...

There was nothing like hearing that song during Desert Storm while I was wearing our country's uniform (USAF) stationed in a foreign country (Germany). A different time and sense of importance!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Loved the song lyrics. That is one of my favorite patriotic songs. Thanks for sharing. Hope your 4th was a good one.

Becca Bertotti said...

I love your patriotic entrance ... so festive and welcoming !! And, thanks so much for your sweet note about my painted accent chest ... my husband appreciates your birthday wishes, too !! *Becca*

momof3girls said...

we do live in an amazing country with some amazing freedoms! We are really blessed! I loved your door!

nancygrayce said...

Hope it was a great day for you! I love your flower pot of flags!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...