SWEET TEA

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Thanking those (ir)responsible

I'd like to thank all those responsible for the
great success I have had in my
recent gymnastic feat:
My Husband.
Our Refrigerator
.
The big puddle of water on the kitchen floor.

Yes, it is true.
Earlier this evening I did a perfect
SPLIT.
One foot went north while the other foot
went south. 
BOOM!!

The ice maker in the fridge is on the blitz.
Husband came in carrying a bag of ice
to put into the freezer.  The bag dripped water
all over the kitchen floor.
Husband failed to wipe up the water.
I came walking into the kitchen. . .
The rest is history.

Husband ran to help me up,
and
 (take a deep breath
as you read this)
he was LAUGHING!!

He's gonna really be sorry he laughed.

7 comments:

Nel said...

Glad you are ok. I am actually really glad to see my hubby is not the only one that does not wipe up his messes. I was worried...lol not really they are all alike!
until next time... nel

Jill said...

First of all I hope you are o.k.!! That's not a good way to jump into exercise, lol. :-)I guess men just think it will evaporate in time...
Hope you have a good afternoon.

Blessings,
Jill

camp and cottage living said...

I just found you at "Granny Mountain".
I say anyone that can still do the splits(even under such unexpected circumstances) deserves a medal!!
I hope you're not going to be hurting for as long as I would be, if it had happened to me!
Stop by and see me sometime-you sound like my kind of gal!

Aloha Acres said...

Hope you are ok ... and that's *so* something my hubby would do!!

((hugs))

Simple Home said...

Hope you're okay :) I remember doing that in high school. I could do the splits but only one way. However, I accidentally went down with the other foot in front. I pulled a muscle that hurt for a week, and I was only 16 at the time. I think I'd end up at the hospital if I did it now :)
Blessings,
Marcia

Bobbie said...

You are alright?? Okay. As long as you are alright...

Now can I laugh?? LOL> The way you told this story gave me a good laugh and it's not even 7AM yet. Thanks, I needed that!!

I had a 'kitchen incident' myself yesterday. I was finishing up the dishes and quickly went to shut the silverware drawer and one of the forks caught my finger and... well... lets just say the fork ended up dangling from my finger and I had to pull it out. Ouch!! But surprisingly, it isn't as bad as I thought it would be.
I hope you aren't too sore from your 'gymnastics' session.

Robin said...

OUCH!!! Can you still walk??? I would have to be pulled out of the floor by a wrecker and taken to the nearest hospital, I'm afraid!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...