SWEET TEA

Saturday, May 29, 2010

I rock!



Please don't hate me 'cause "I Rock"!
They tell me this is how the elite lived
way back when.
I think I could get used to this.


Me, along with 6 of my GF's
took a day trip to
Natchitoches, (Louisiana)
today to see this old
Plantation home,
which dates back to 1830.


Sweet Mr. Charles demonstrating
(the forerunner of today's ceiling fan)
Interesting.

There was so much to see,
so much I wanted to show you
but alas,
my camera died.

Where was this guy when I needed him?!
LOL

~ This blog post has been brought to you by the letter
"H"; for HOT.
When you take 7 menopausal women
out in the sunshine of a 95 degree day
you get a lot of  "HOT" mama's.

Beautiful home.
Beautiful furniture.
Beautiful day.


8 comments:

Mary said...

That is so cool! (ha, ha!) Wish your camera hadn't died!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lot of fun--even if it was hot. I'm jealous. ;-)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Rocking on the front porch of a plantation --- now that's my kind of rocking!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I would love to visit that kind of place. I love the rocking chairs!

Anonymous said...

I love visiting old plantation homes and "going back in time" and what gal doesn't love rocking in a ricking chair on the front porch with her girls!

Angie said...

LOVE the hot mama's...so funny! I dream of someday owning my own porch to rock on. Looks like you girls had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing with us.

momof3girls said...

looks like you girls had a fun time!

sanjeet said...

Sounds like a lot of fun--even if it was hot
PPC Advertising India

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...