SWEET TEA

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Just Do it"

Today was the day to get my "girls"
checked out once again.

When I lived in Tulsa, OK I went to a
beautiful medical facility that had
the entire Mammogram area 
professionally decorated in
shades of  "pink".

This is the brand new medical
"Pavillion" in NW Louisiana.

Don't you love all the detail they
put into making this a comfortable,
"girly" area to have this important
test run?  I particularly enjoyed the
nice art on the wall,
and the beautiful green plant,
as well as the fun reading
material.

Can you say,
"Looks like a prison intake room!"?
(Course I'm only guessing what
that would look like; I promise!)


This is ME
modeling the standard issue
paper "modesty" shirt.
And LOOK,
a decorative mirror.
Better.



The entire process took less than an hour.
And the real message is,
regardless of where you have it done,
like the Nike folks tell us, "Just do it".

6 comments:

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Hi Deb! I'm totally with you on the whole "get your mammo" message. I've been very diligent about getting mine over the years as my Mom was diagnosed with BC 18 years ago. It was found solely through mammography, treated and she's been cancer-free since. Keep spreading the word!

I wanted to thank you, too, for stopping my place and leaving a nice comment and becoming a follower. I really look forward to checking out more of your blog.

Carla

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Wow, who's their decorator? I MUST have him for my own!! LOL!!

So glad you endured it anyway!! Good for you! I am a veteran of the mammogram myself, and am always amazed at how quick and easy it is.

I agree wholeheartedly...Just DO it!! Thanks for the reminder!

Parsley said...

That's about the way we do decor around here! LOL

Never had the girls checked. I hear the Mamos are really painful. Not 40 yet but when doc says will do.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Just finished reading Firefly Lane...it deals with Inflammatory Breast Cancer...my appt for the girls is at 3 this afternoon. I am always nervous. I think that is my biggest concern every year. Everyone should get the girls checked out...especially after 40. I have been having one yearly since i was 40.

Anonymous said...

Those Nike folks are smart people :0)

Sue said...

I just had my girls checked out (and not just by my Hubby) last month. No news is good news from the doc!

Hope your "squeeze" went well too!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...