SWEET TEA

Monday, July 13, 2009

Suzy Homemaker

For some reason I woke up this morning feeling like "Suzy Homemaker" - it surely must be a hormonal thang, ya think? Anyway before the mood passes I want to share a couple of my favorite tips - and if you already know these things, just don't tell me. Kay?


I do love me a ripe banana,
but even I must admit
these are a bit over-ripe.
When the fruit gnats start
circling the dish that's a sure
sign the fruit has seen better days.

Truth be told, these are frozen bananas.
Once they are too ripe I pop them into
the freezer to be used another day for
baking. I nuke them till thawed; cut
an opening in one end and squeeze on
the other. OUT pops yummy banana
goosh (it truly looks like yellow poop),
ready to be mashed and used in baking
Banana Bread. Great way to use bananas
that would other wise fill your trash.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

ALSO -I love this and I know you will to!!
Check out http://www.redishade.com/craft_14.html


The entire site is full of creative ideas using the inexpensive redi-shades which you can buy at Lowes or Home Depot. I would love to try this, but have no place in my home right now which needs a new window treatment. But I'm thinking some of you, especially if you have young kids, will love this idea. That's me - always thinking of you. Yes I know, I'm quite the Humanitarian. (my Mom would faint if she knew this, cuz she thinks I'm Baptist)

Don't know why I'm in "nesting" mode.
I'm actually on the count down to vacation.
Next week at this time I should be in
"HAWAII"!

7 comments:

Kimmy said...

I can't stand to have overly ripe bananas. They gross me out...lol!

Oh, and let me say...LUCKY GAL!! I want to go to Hawaii!!!

Robin said...

UGH! Could you please share some of your Suzie Homemaker stuff with me? I have just felt "BLAH" over the past few days and I don't want to do anything!

You Lucky Dog! Have fun in Hawaii!!

{{HUGS}}

Robin :o)

Mimi said...

I am Suzy Homemakers slacker sister, Betsy Ignorethemess.

My green eyes are even greener with jealousy because of the whole Hawaii thing. You're so lucky!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Have fun in Hawaii...I went several years ago and had a blast...want to go back. Which island are you hanging out on? We were on Oahu...and then flew to Hawaii to see Kilahuea...you will love it! Take lots of pictures...and I am expecting posts about the trip.

Brigid said...

I like my bananas green! I throw the overripe ones (or just ripened ones, too) in the freezer. I like to break them in chunks and Ziploc 'em. They are great in smoothies.

Have a great time in Hawaii! I hope to go there someday, too.

Unknown said...

But, what I want to know is where those gnats come from? Were they in hiding or did they hatch from the peel? Either way, I'm thinking that maybe the peels should be washed before they go in the freezer! Ewww.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I have too often thrown away bananas that are past their prime. Great tips, and enjoy your trip!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...