SWEET TEA

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

SLACKER COOK RECIPE DAY


It's Tuesday - that means it's time for all
SLACKER COOKS
to stand up and be counted,
then hurry on over here to get a great
SLACKER RECIPE that will make you
as "proud as Betty Crocker at a potluck supper".


This week's SLACKER RECIPE is
SLACKER"S APPLE CAKE.
It is so simple your 6 yr old could prepare it.
It's simple. It's yummy. It contains no fat.
And when it's served you will look like a
"Dah-ling Diva".
I promise.

Slacker's Apple Cake
1 box Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix
1 can Apple Pie Filling (regular or lite)

Mix this together with a mixer.
(the batter will be very thick)
*sometimes I mash it a bit with the beaters before I
turn them on.
Pour into a 9 x 13 greased/floured baking dish.
Bake as directed on the box.


When the cake has cooled Real SLACKERS cut it into squares and call it "done"; however if SLACKERS mother-in-law is coming over she cuts it into squares, then puts a dollop of Cool Whip on top, then sprinkles it with a tiny bit of cinnamon.

Prepare this and you are an instant "SLACKER QUEEN",
Your Majesty.

Please send me any recipes you deem suitable for a SLACKER COOK. The only rule is that there must not be many ingredients and it must not take longer than 29 min. to prepare. . .It can cook, steam, saute, bake, etc. for longer, but a real SLACKER COOK won't spend more than 29 minutes with her hands in the pot (so to speak).
And Remember, - TUESDAY is always the day for
SLACKER RECIPES!!



10 comments:

Unknown said...

this is my kind of cake! i love the recipe i am going to make it this weekend when i "allowed" to make desserts..lol

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy. I'm going to try it soon.

Hey, did you know you can buy roast beef in a can? That's what I use for tacos instead of ground beef. Just open a couple of cans, shred the beef, add in taco seasoning mix and heat through. With shredded cheese, lettuce, and salsa--it's delicious!

Next week, I'll send you my easy Chicken Pot Pie recipe.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I have both those ingredients in my cupboard right now. I may just be making that tonight.

I love your Dr. Phil!!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

yum...cake!

Do crockpot recipes count as 'slacker recipes' I'm the queen of crockpot cooking!

queenbee4 said...

might have to try this one...

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure you would find the canned roast beef with the canned meats, though we found it at a Sav-A-Lot grocery here in TN. We buy it by the case!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I made this tonight after reading your blog...it was excellent...my dad loved it. I did use whipping cream instead of cool whip. Lawh what a recipe. Keep these kind coming. I also do a poor mans pie...that is just as simple...
Melt a stick of butter (or marg) in a pan in the oven on 350. Mix together 1 cup each flour, sugar (Splenda) and Milk...add it to butter once it has melted....then open a can of your favorite fruit....my dad loves fruit cocktail so I use it....and spoon it onto the batter mixture...add half the juice to the concoction and back for 45 minutes. Top with ice cream, cool whip, or whipped cream....it is awesome. You can make one with applesauce and top it with hot caramel sauce from the bottle...and cool whip or ice cream.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

In a word....YUMMY!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is the easiest most delicious sounding yum! I'm gonna make it!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

The first word that comes to mind is YUM!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...