SWEET TEA

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day. Blah. Blah. Blah.

On a scale of 1 to 10 this Valentine's Day was a 3.
I was once admitted into the hospital for surgery on Valentine's Day, so I've had worse, but I've also had a heck-of-a-lot-better.

This is me, crying because I didn't
get to go to the Mardi Gras Parade
like I'd hoped. . .Alright, so I'm faking it,
I still really wanted to go to the parade, and the weather was PERFECT. . .I packed a bag with a blanket to picnic on while we waited for the parade, but when we went to pick up Princess and her BFF, they (JB, Princess and her BFF) decided they had rather go to the movie to see "Taken".


I was out-voted.
Since when is the Queen Bee's wants put to a vote?????
"Taken" it was.
And it was violent and gorey.
I hated it. YUK!

And to think I had even worn my favorite tee shirt,
thinking I was going to the Parade.

Let the record be clear,
it definitely was NOT
"all about me"!



I must rightfully confess that JB did get me my favorite chocolates and a beautifully, sentimental card, but this guy's been married long enough to know "the date sucked"!
After all these years, the guy still needs more training.

I NEED some comments.
Please don't be shy.

4 comments:

Handsome's wife said...

So sorry to hear it wasn't "all about you"
Love that shirt by the way. That's a must in all women's wardrobe.

Unknown said...

Valentine's Day is overrated anyway. I don't think I stuck my nose out of the house yesterday. We went out Friday night to Cracker Barrel and I laughed at a pillow they had for sale. It said "Nobody knows the Truffles I've seen". Guess what? Yep, my husband brought it home yesterday! What am I supposed to do with this dumb pillow? The colors match nothing in the house? Where to put it? Think I can get away with taking it back??

Jenners said...

Well, if you are going to send Dr. Phil after me, I 'll leave you another comment to help offset the poor Valentine's Day! Gotta get me one of those shirts!

Kimmy said...

I hate being out voted! It usually doesn't happen often but when it does....it SUCKS!! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...