SWEET TEA

Friday, December 19, 2008

A "Girl Thang"


Hi there to my friends in Blogland!
I'm delighted to actually have made some new Friends.
OK, Friends, so where are you today when I'm here giving my house a spit shine? I could certainly use some help and it's for sure not going to come from JB or Princess. . .But don't pack your windex and your mop to head to Louisiana, cause I'm DONE!!

We're heading to Tulsa in the morning, bright & early, (the reason for my house-cleaning frenzy today - cause we all know that no one likes to come home to a messy house. It's a "girl thang" and that reasoning is totally lost on JB.)
We'll be there for our extended family Christmas Parties. I don't like the drive (6 hrs), but it's worth it. I just have a problem sitting still for that long, unless I'm blogging my brains out here on the computer - which JB is happy to point out. Imagine that! So I usually sleep for part of the drive and eat the rest of the way there. If I don't quit this eating I'm gonna have to invest in some elastic waist pants, ya know?! On to more important things - I have some NEW SHOES to wear to the Christmas gatherings. I wanted to put a photo of them in right here to show you, but obviously I couldn't figure out how to do that, which is why they're front & center at the top of the page. Don't know if you can tell from the photo but they're black patent leather & silver and they're even fairly comfortable. I wish I was one of the gals who would/could wear really high heels with my jeans, but I am just not into suffering, so flats it will be.
I'll tell you all about my family of characters (!) when I get home. In the meantime, all you Blogger Girls have a GREAT weekend...I'm off now to read your Blogs!




4 comments:

Handsome's wife said...

Have fun. I'll miss ya while you're gone.

Debbie said...

I only wear flats. And thankfully they are fashionable right now! Have fun.

Laura said...

Happy holidays and a safe trip. I too only wear flats because of some knee surgeries :) Steve Madden boots and ballet shoes have saved my sense of fashion!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Hope you had a wonderful trip and Merry Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...