SWEET TEA

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Big "D"!

This is our oldest daughter, Amy.
Last March we began to plan for a Girl's Get-A-Way trip to DALLAS in the Fall.  We did it!  We went to Dallas and had a great time, just the two of us!  We attended the Belong Tour  (and it was GREAT!), and thought we were quite clever because we figured out how to "Uber" to & from the downtown venue.

And we squeezed the city of Dallas to have all the fun we could handle while we were there.

Spending 3 hours in IKEA is a BIG honkin' deal when there's not one in your town.

We wanted to see this together.
We declared it to be as good as the first one.
Loved it!!

One day we ate our lunch while seated on the sidewalk of downtown Dallas.  Yes, there is a story but I've no time to "go there", so let your imagination spin a good tale in your mind.

Mexican Food at Papacito's and we "accesorizeed" it with these beautiful, yummy drinks.  Mmmmm Good!

Then before heading home we HAD to indulge in our favorite burgers!  Folks in Dallas take these bad boys for granted, but not us!  Yum!

Amy & I vowed to take another trip together next year.  Gotta, Gotta, Gotta do it!  Such a good time!!










8 comments:

Susie said...

I am so happy for you and your daughter. We need those kinds of times. Family is so important . I am hoping you both do that again. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

yaya said...

Sounds pretty fun to me! I love IKEA and always try to get there when I visit my Mom in Chicago since we don't have one close...well, they are building one in Columbus which is about 80mi from here. I will be excited to go there when it's done. Glad you had a wonderful time and enjoy your week!

janice15 said...

I would like to take a trip with my okder daughter I think we both need a get away.. It is so nice you were able to do that.. With love Janice

Carol said...

Mother daughter trips are great! I am thankful that you were able to go. I hope my daughters and I can do the same soon.

Cheri said...

How great that you made the time to do this trip with all that you usually have on your plate. My mom (who passed away last year) and myself always wanted to do a girls trip which would include my sister and sister in-law...now (for many reasons) we cannot. I am so happy to hear that you did do it.

Nonnie said...

Good for you! How wonderful for you and your daughter to have that sweet time together. I don't take the burgers for granted and had one just yesterday. Next time you make it down, you need to visit the Nebraska Furniture Mart. I have to say you have one terrific Mister to hold down the fort while you're gone!

gin said...

That's a trip y'all will treasure for ever.

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Oh, what fun!!!!! I need a day like that with my daughters asap!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...