SWEET TEA

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Twice!

I've been to the hospital twice this week and that's two times more than I like.  I wasn't the patient either time, but I have such a "thang" about hospitals.  Guess I'm never gonna out grow that phobia.

Mom fell in the bathroom.
She said she simply toppled over backwards.  She smacked her head really hard on the tile floor.  She never lost consciousness but was quite shaken.  Mom's 86, so we thought we'd best go to the hospital to have her looked at.  Much to my surprise and my pleasure she checked out just fine.  Kudo's to a great ER doc that checked her out thoroughly.  Such a pleasure to get good care.

The nice lady who sits with Mom a couple of days each week, while I shop or have appointments, is in the hospital for her second knee replacement.  I wanted to visit, so Mister drove me to three different hospitals.  Yes, THREE, in order to find her.  Then, when I finally got to the right hospital  I realized I didn't know her last name.  I know, that's horrible!  I know all sorts of things about her and her life, but not her last name.  It's just never come up. Long story made short, I finally found her and we had a good laugh about the situation.  Only 24 hours since her surgery and she was doing GREAT!!

Don't you just love a story with a happy ending?
THE END



14 comments:

Terra said...

I can relate to not knowing her last name, that is true of a few people I know and care about, but their last names haven't come up. Good news that you found her, plus your mom is fine.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

So happy your Mom was given a good check up at the ER. Important to get that after a fall when one is 86.
Joy

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your Mum was OK,, that could have been a nasty injury,,

I smiled when you said you didn't know her last name,, sounds like something I would do, lol,,,

acorn hollow said...

So glad your mother is fine. And that is funny you didn't know her last name.
glad everyone is on the mend.
Cathy

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

So glad your mom is okay - how frightening for both of you!!

Susie said...

Thankful your mom is okay. What a blessing. Oh when you said you didn't know the lady's name... I know people all my life and maybe do not know their first names . Blessing to your whole family, wishing everyone well. xoxo, Susie

Jill said...

So glad your mom is doing ok! That is so scary. Have a great weekend!

Blessings,
Jill

Linda said...

Well, that was a scare!! So is your mom back with you and are you doing joint custody with your sister? That's what Deanie and I are doing! I will go back and see what posts I've missed!! I do love you! Sometimes I just get behind in keeping up with my friends! You have been a source of inspiration to me regarding taking care of our mother. I have successfully engaged my mom in the adult coloring books and Deanie buys the jigsaw puzzles you mentioned - was that now YEARS ago?? You and I go way back!!

yaya said...

I'm so glad your Mom is OK. Head injuries should always be checked out because you never know about a brain bleed, especially in the elderly. With all the HIPA laws it's a miracle you found your Mom's caregiver in the hospital! I know new techniques and drugs help with knee replacements...some of ours go home same day if only one knee is done. I had both knees replaced last year. I had the surgery on Friday and went home Sunday. No pain meds either. Yep, sometimes modern medicine is great! Have a good weekend! (Hospital free I hope!)

Unknown said...

Thankful your Mom is Ok! Smiled at not knowing K's last name 😊

gin said...

Two patients with a really great person caring about them. Glad your mom checked out fine and that the other lady will be back to normal quick.

Bobbie said...

I have that phobia as well.. I try to stay away from hospitals and doctors. But, of course there comes a time when you just have to bite the bullet and go. Glad your mom is okay and glad you finally found lady-x... what was her name again? lol

Anonymous said...

DO YOU EVER HEAR FROM MARE? WE MISS HER BLOG SO MUCH. GRANNY.

Kay G. said...

I have to laugh at you knowing the lady's last name because that sounds just like ME! Glad your Mom is okay.
Take care. Keep your zany sense of humor.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...