SWEET TEA

Thursday, December 10, 2015

About my friend

I have this friend who moved with her family to a different state in June.  She's a busy girl and has spent a lot of the time since then getting settled into her new surroundings.  She has a lot of family, but none of them live in her area.  She also has a lot of friends, but none of them live near her either.  Word has it that my friend has become very lonely.  She's not bored,'cause she has lots to do, but she longs for a friend in her new community.
If you happen to see her, remember to say "Hello", and if you are so inclined to go the extra mile then ask her to join you for lunch, or to go to a movie, or to go shopping, or ask about her family, or her thoughts, or her opinions..  Ask my friend anything!!  I think she would love to join you in doing whatever you would like to do.  Ya see, she's feeling pretty needy.  The world is a lonely place when you don't have a friend nearby.  And we all know that even the best of husbands is not the same as having a girlfriend. And, if you happen to not live near my friend in Oklahoma, remember there are lots of people like my friend, so take the time to include anyone you're aware of who doesn't seem connected.  There are a lot of really nice people out there just waiting to be included.

My friend is a little whiny today.


11 comments:

Sylvia said...

I'm sure we can all relate to this at some time in our lives.
I am about to move to a new community and hope to make new friends.
I pray your friend will make new ones soon.

acorn hollow said...

Good post we all need friends.
cathy

Cheri said...

Can I join your "whiny" today? I have lived here in NE Georgia for 9 years and still don't have a good buddy close by to pal around with...so I feel your pain. To bad we didn't live closer to each other. Here's to 2016 and making new friends. Merry Christmas!

Jackie See said...

Sending a hug your way, from your friend in southwest Missouri!!

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

It's one of the primal needs in life, to have a good girlfriend nearby. I have a good friend nearby but we both have busy lives - it's tough to connect sometimes. I'm overdue at this point for a good girls' night!
Hugs to you from the mountains of upstate NY!!

Susie said...

You are so right. Everyone needs friends. I have friends I enjoy things with...but none as close as my long time who passed away 3 years ago. I miss her still. My daughters are my very best friends. My sisters are friends too. Blessings to you for being a good friend , xoxo,Susie

White Lace and Promises said...

I'm one of those too. It's hard to move to a new place from where you've lived for 55 years. I miss my small town. I miss going to the grocery store and running into someone I know. I miss the community, church and school festivities, but I wouldn't trade all the loneliness in the world for being hear my children. Connection is hard even in the best situations. It's even harder in a new place.

Aloha Acres said...

I know this feeling all too well. As a military wife, when you get to a new duty station and your household goods have arrived, been unpacked and your home is "set up", you find yourself very, very lonely for girlfriends. As for me, I'm not one to just jump right in there, so it takes me a good 1-2 yrs to find that true friend (and I've found one every place we've ever lived; eventually). However, once I get connected, it's usually time to move again.

Praying for your "friend". It can be a lonely place to be.

yaya said...

Your Ohio friend sends her love and good wishes for you to find tons of friends in your new place! I remember that feeling well when I moved here many moons ago..it will get better!

Nonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nonnie said...

Praying that your friend will find a friend ... A true friend to laugh with, cry with, shop with, or just be quiet with. I remember the loneliness I felt when moving from my hometown to San Antonio. I was so lonely, I even talked to the wrong numbers we received. I hope that as you find your place in your new church and neighborhood, that there will be a group of ladies you can get to know and enjoy and out of that group, the true friend will emerge. I believe this for you. Hugs to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...