SWEET TEA

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Three Days Ago

Three days ago. . .

I talked with our youngest son (who lives in Atlanta).  It was noon and he called as he was leaving work.  He was caught up with his work and was gonna cut the day short.  He mentioned he had a headache that he couldn't seem to shake.  We chatted about all sorts of things as he drove home.

Early, that very evening, I got another call.
That same son (38 yr old) was in the hospital and had had a stroke.  We made arrangements for Mister to fly into Atlanta ASAP.  I remain here with my Mom.  Our son continues in ICU.  We are so very thankful he was able to drive himself to the hospital and that he is being cared for in a good hospital with a good neurology team.  We are shaken, but we know we have a source of strength directly from God the Father that will keep us as we deal with what lies ahead.  I believe that healing will come, so this is not meant to be a "downer" post, but instead a call for those who pray to join with us in prayer and become a part of our son's healing.  I know God will hear your prayers and bless you as you become a part of our prayer team.  Thanks so much.

ALSO, I think my last post was misleading.
Lil' Mama hasn't had the baby yet.
She is pregnant with a baby girl who isn't due to arrive until Dec. 1.  We have lots to pray for and are confident "God has got this" all in his hands.

August 1st - my favorite month of the year.
Thankful for sunny, blue skies that evoke happy thoughts.  Hope your world is spinning as you want and that your A/C keeps on crankin'.

   ~Sweet Tea/Deb

18 comments:

Suezk said...

Prayers and positive energy to you and your family... your son for strength to heal and your little mama to get through this pregnancy with gods help
Stay strong and keep updating

Anonymous said...

Your son & entire family will be in my thoughts & prayers.

Mary from Massachusetts (don't have time to log into my gmail, so I clicked on anonymous)

Linda said...

Prayers, sweet friend...keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

My husband was 39 when he had his first stroke...I know exactly what your feeling and going through.IT WILL BE ALRIGHT. Wrapping you in a big hug...Blessings

Sylvia said...

Praying God's healing hand on your son!

Nonnie said...

I have been praying and believing for your son Tate and all of you. I am thankful with you that he took himself to the hospital and oh so thankful that your husband is able to be with him. Praying for God's healing power to flow through Tate and to supply every single need that arises. Praising him for His goodness to strengthen you and your family through the journey.

Tammy said...

oh my goodness, so sorry for what your son is going through. He will be in my prayers along with your daughter and the whole family. Keep the faith and stay positive, I know the good lord is there to help you out. Hugs!!

Susie said...

I will gladly pray for all of you. I am so sorry to read this about your son...So thankful he got to the hospital in time. My younger sister had a mild stroke this past May...she is recovering nicely. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

mindy peltier said...

I'm sorry to hear about another trial for your family. Will be praying for recovery. Thankful you continue to trust and pray despite so many hard things.

Anonymous said...

Sending love and prayers to you and your precious family.

Aloha Acres said...

Oh, Debbie. Lifting your entire family up in prayers especially your son, daughter and newest addition yet to arrive. Please keep us posted as you feel up to it. ((hugs))

Linda said...

Count on prayers from Texas for you, your son and your entire family!
The World of Blog has many prayer warriors in it and we have been blessed many many times by the prayers of others!

Cheri said...

Praying for your son here in GA. Please keep us informed on his progress.

arkie said...

Prayers for your son!

Lee said...

Hi, hope your son is ok...prayers from Canada.
Best regards.
Lee.

yaya said...

Oh my! I'm sending up prayers for your son and hugs to you. I know it's scary and I'm sure you'd love to be with him too. I'm glad he's in a big city hospital with all the good care. Please know I'm thinking of you and let us know how it all goes.

Bobbie said...

Debbie, I have not been blogging as much and I am so sorry I got to this post a little late. I will be praying!!! I hope your son is okay. Please update us when you can. ((HUGS))

Marsha Young said...

I will pray for your son. As for the A/C keepin' on crankin' - my son (the one who is a paraplegic schoolteacher) called yesterday afternoon to say that his had just quit. His "bodily cooling system" doesn't work well, due to his paralysis, so pray with us that the A/C repairman can work him into the schedule ASAP.
God's blessings to you and your son. - Marsha

Nel said...

I am just reading this now, have been on the blog MIA list. I am so sorry to here about your son, prayers going up. And also for your daughter. Life sure can be crazy sometimes, but it is wonderful that we have someone we can lean on and go to in prayer! Continuing to pray...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...