SWEET TEA

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Mother-in-Law faux pas

Last Sunday morning, after church, many of our friends gathered around Lil' Mama and her fiance' to admire her ring and congratulate them on their engagement.  Fiance's name is "Izaiha", pronounced like the biblical name, "Isaiah".  I began to make the introductions . . .

Wait for this.
It's that good/bad. . .


Still waiting? . . .

OK.
Here it is -


I introduced the fiance' to our friends, calling him "ELIJAH", rather than "Izaiha".  Being the good guy he is, he responded, "Close enough" and laughed it off.



Biggest blooper, blunder, faux pas
I've made in a while.

Everyone needs a mother-in-law like me!
Just sayin. . .




12 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Way to go....that is too funny!
Congratulations to the happy couple.

Anonymous said...

anyone would be blessed to have a mother inlaw like you, I like him, lol,

White Lace and Promises said...

HIlarious! Too cute!

Susie said...

That is funny. Very big of him to laugh it off. That is to his character . Good. Happy for your daughter. xoxo,Susie

Mari said...

You are too funny! He passed the sense of humor test, right?

Jeanie said...

You've got a very good son-in-law to be there.

Linda said...

Awww..lol..thanks for the giggles..I have a feeling he was alright with it, LOL. Blessings

Wild Oregonian said...

Uh, hello! Everyone totally needs a mother in law like you!! <3

yaya said...

I'm sitting here laughing but it's not because of your little blooper. I'm thinking there are many, many other names that have been used for a son-in-laws name! Ha! I'm sure it will go down as family "folklore" and will bring a smile on everyone's face for many years. I'm betting you're so pleased and excited...not really forgetful!

Haddock said...

That first picture..... so natural.

karen said...

That story will become legend in your family - I love it! Congrats to the cute couple.

Anonymous said...

Did you blush with embarrassment? LOL I sure would have.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...