SWEET TEA

Monday, June 9, 2014

Bayou Blitz

I was gonna say "today is the calm before the storm",

but then the sky turned dark and the rain began.
It's laundry day here on the Bayou so I don't
mind a bit of rain.

Had to show you the prettiest bloom
in my garden.

Lots to do before we head to the beach on Saturday.  The BIGGEST thing I've yet to do is to tell my Mom
that WE ARE GOING and that my Sister is coming here  to stay with her while we're away.  This is a delicate subject so I'm  gonna have to try to be somewhat diplomatic about this.  I fear Mom will be insulted as she  doesn't see the need for anyone to "stay" with her AND she may take offense that we're not taking
her with us.  We actually would enjoy taking her to see the ocean but she can only comfortably walk short distances these days, so there's no way she could maneuver on a sandy beach. I've intentionally delayed telling her about this so she'll have less time to fret and worry, but I've got to tell her soon.


It seems I'm seeing a lot of this handsome young airman
these days.  He and Lil' Mama seem to be
"thick", as my Daddy always said.
"Things that make you go, Hmmmm."

It's gonna be left-over pizza for dinner tonight.
If my family is reading this, then consider yourself
WARNED.


10 comments:

Linda said...

Hi there...
I was finally able to find your blog!
And...follow you!
Have a wonderful vacation...
Don't worry about your Mom...
Cheers!
Linda :o)

Anonymous said...

your Mum will be fine, even if she is a bit miffed, she`ll get over it, have your self a great time, you deserve it! they are a very happy handsome couple your daughter and her beau,

Linda said...

All I saw was Beach, lol.(missing the b-e-a-c-h)-- Nah..just teasing..not about missing the beach though..lol

--your mom will be fine..have a great time at the beach..love your pictures. Blessings

Linda said...

Have a great time at the beach. I'm sure you deserve a break. I bet your mom will enjoy spending time with your sister.

RaeAbigael said...

i hope you were able to tell your mom about the trip and your sister staying over. I hope she was fine with it. :) By the way, I love the rain... :")

xoxo, rae
http://www.raellarina.net/

Mary said...

Could you tell your mom that your sister is coming to watch the house instead? (Just a thought!)
Hope it goes okay!

Miss Dishywoo said...

Ooh, I've been there - feeling tense about telling someone something! You are smart to not give your mom too much time to get upset before you go. I bet it will work our much better than you think. BTW, leftover pizza is a dinner favorite in my book! Thanks for popping in to check on me at my blog. I am on a blog WRITING break, but I READ my blog list every day.

yaya said...

Everyone needs some time away and I hope it goes well with your Mom. So tough to be the care giver. Enjoy your time. Tell your Mom she's taking care of your Sister while you're away! Oh, as a note because you asked...my leg is doing really well..looks fine but still itches. Crazy huh? Take care!

Tammy said...

I hope all goes well with your trip to the beach and your Mom handles it with out to much trouble. I bet she will enjoy your sisters visit once all is said and done. Hugs!!

White Lace and Promises said...

Enjoy your time. I was the main caregiver for my daddy after my mom died. When I went anywhere he would pout. He would call me in Nashville even with my sister just down the road. But it was good for me to get away and I was better able to deal with the stress when I returned and it gave him some time with my sister's family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...