SWEET TEA

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

So much to tell, so little time...


I was surprised (and happy) about all the comments
I received yesterday about my roses.
I thought you might like a peek at my little rose garden.

I also have a few roses growing here at the front
of the house.  Look closely and you'll see
there is one little "runt" of a rose bush that is struggling but the others are doing well.  Spring comes early in the south.  These roses are called "Knock-Out Roses" and they are disease resistant and can withstand the brutal heat of our summers. 

I've never grown succulents before but made this little planter last week.  We'll see how it does.

Not only does Spring come early, so do the snakes.
Do you remember my story about our "snake"?
(you can see the story HERE.)
Well, the update is - I'm pretty sure the snake is history.
The story is actually too gross to blog about (even for me), but let's just say it has something to do with the "snake, the mowers, and our dog, Boudxy", and leave it at that.  Blech!!

* * * * * * * * * * * 
Also, here's an update on THIS.

That's it from the bayou.
Hope your day is "Rosy"!





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

your roses are beautiful, the planter is so cute with the alligator in it, I will admit I am a little nervous around snakes, we have no dangerous ones here and they don't get very big, its too cold, lol!!!

Mari said...

Your roses are just beautiful! I hear a lot of good things about that variety.

acorn hollow said...

Your roses are just breath taking! I wish spring would come to NH early we are still waiting pretty cold tonight
Cathy

Jeanie said...

Wow, your roses are really beautiful. Still waiting for them to bloom here.

Susie said...

Wowwee !! your roses are beautiful . I wish I could grow some as nice. Snakes are scary if they are poisonous. Hope you get to enjoy your flowers. xoxo,Susie

yaya said...

My roses are just starting to come back after our harsh winter. I lost a new one I planted last year. Yours are beautiful and I can see why your Mom loved her bouquet!

Annesphamily said...

Love roses and I have a rose bush that was here when we moved in four years ago. It was not well cared for yet it bloomed all the summers so far. I try to give it some TLC. Your share is sweet. Have a beautiful week.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Beautiful roses. Glad the snake is history. Love the time out photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...