SWEET TEA

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sneakers

Not this kind!

This kind!
Mister and I felt like "sneak-ers" when we decided, sort of last minute, that we were going to "sneak" away on a trip to Tulsa, just the two of us.  We knew Lil' Mama and HK would do fine.  We also knew that Lil' Mama knew Mom's routine and could manage her meals and her meds .  The question was would Mom accept the meds and meals from Lil' Mama.  I intentionally waited til the last minute to tell Mom we were going - so she wouldn't worry about it for days. No problem - everything went smoothly at home and we had a wonderful Tulsa visit...

I got to spend an entire afternoon with my daughter, Amy.  Just the two of us.  It was a delight!  She treated me to an afternoon out in celebration of  Mother's Day!  We had lunch at a beautiful sandwich shop.  The weather was perfect so we enjoyed "outdoor seating".  We took this selfie.  It was this photo that caused me to realize that I'm waaay too old for selfies.  Ah, I'm still learning things.

Afterward we went to a Cupcake  Shop.
I chose this "Strawberry Lemonade" treat.
And it was, a TREAT!

                                   
Then we had some great laughs enjoying this movie.
Perfect for the occasion!


 
That evening we had a family dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings to celebrate our two May Birthday Buddies, my Sister and our youngest Granddoll - they share a May 14 birthday.
Happy Birthday Girls!!

The next morning we took the Tulsa Granddolls out for breakfast before heading home . . .

to celebrate Mother's Day with my sweet Mom!

*I must mention that we spent the nights with our "forever friends".  They have a beautiful home and are the most selfless people you could ever meet.  We've all four been friends since our school days, thus the name "forever friends".  They were simply "the cherry on top" of our sweet weekend.

In reading this I note that we celebrated around LOTS-OF-FOOD.  LOL  Oh well, I don't regret a single calorie. Well, maybe I do,  just a little.  *wink






14 comments:

White Lace and Promises said...

Oh what fun! I think your selfie is beautiful! Yes, it's hard when you are taking care of mom and have to leave. It seems something would always happen while I was away. So glad you got this time and had a Wonderful MOther's Day.

Tammy said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend and a great get away for you two. I'm just catching up on blog reading and I hope all is well with Mister and everyone after that fall he took. Yikes!! Big hugs and a belated Happy Mothers Day to you and your Mom.

Anonymous said...

what a great time, beautiful family, your Mum looks so happy!!!!! For ever friends is a beautiful term, I like that, every calorie is worth this wonderful weekend, life is to short to not eat cup cakes, especially when they are THAT cupcake, what a wonderful combo!

Mari said...

So glad you got to have a fun getaway! And still were back to enjoy Mothers Day. :)

Susie said...

What a great weekend. I am glad you had some away time. Does a body good. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Miss Dishywoo said...

I could hear the fun in your writing! You have been an encouragement to me to get away with my man, and soon. We always find reasons we can't just leave everyone, and that isn't true. You have proven it. Loved your shopping, eating, movie day with your daughter. What fun.

Aloha Acres said...

Your selfie is beautiful!!!! I love all the laughs. A family that laughs together is the best. Happy (late) Mother's Day!

Jeanie said...

I have been wondering about Mister after his fall, but I guess this trip says that all is well. It looks like you had a wonderful time and I don't think you consumed a single unnecessary calorie.

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful weekend away, Deb! Good for you- I am glad you had fun and everyone needs a bit of a getaway. We snuck off for 2-1/2 days and I really relaxed! xo Diana

yaya said...

So fun! I love those impromptu flings! You have a beautiful family and how nice to spend time with good friends. I missed your previous post about your Mom..fun pics there too! Happy belated Mother's Day!

Linda said...

You are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Keep those selfies coming!!

Anonymous said...

You had a wonderful time with your lovable ones. I love the combination of the cup cake. Birthday girls are also happily enjoying with you!

Margie said...

Looks like it was a wonderful time.
Loved all the photos.

Dee said...

Happy belated Mother's Day to you. It looks like you had so much fun and that cupcake looks like it was worth every calorie... yum. By the way, I'm glad I found your blog today. I'm following you now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...