SWEET TEA

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Thinking out loud.

I looked out the door and what did I see?
This bright yellow beauty staring at me!

When the Forsythia plants bloom it means Spring has officially arrived..  (insert Hallelujah chorus here)  There are few things cheerier than seeing the first blooms of Spring.  Actually Tulip trees and Bradford Pear trees have been in bloom for a couple of weeks, but they whisper, "Spring".  The Forsythia plant screams, "SPRING"!  
* * * * * * * * * * * 
I fought a battle today.
Well, not actually a battle, just a tiny skirmish.
It was one of those little things that cause your brain to cramp when you think.  Someone (not in bloggy land) questioned my motives about something.  It was unfair and it was unfounded.  I could have gone on and on defending myself and questioning the motives of the one who questioned me, but I chose not to.  Most battles are fought and won (or lost) in our own mind, don't ya think?  I chose not to give a voice to the criticism. I am simply gonna "move on".  Sometimes when you give no fuel to a fire it simply burns out.  I've lived a long time and it's taken me most of my years to figure this out, but I've finally got it.  Sometimes you just do "nuthin'".  You don't talk about it.  You don't worry about it. 

 You just let it go, defy anyone to "rain on your parade",
and keep marching.


14 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I like this saying - Calmness is the cradle of power....

Mary said...

Last week, I was surprised that the Bradford Pears were in full bloom in Chattanooga (2 hours away), but they're just starting to bloom here.
Looks like you were the bigger person...pat yourself on the back!

Mari said...

You go girl! You handled this one right.
Hallelujah - I can hear the chorus. Now I just need to see some of those blooms up here. :)

yaya said...

Some day Spring will come and flowers will bloom..hopefully before fall arrives! Till then I'll live vicariously through you! I know as I've gotten older I don't feel the need to explain or defend myself or my opinions on things in my life. Take it or leave it...life's too short! Have a good rest of the week!

Simone said...

Yay for spring! I'm loving the cherry blossoms here. You did good, my friend. Its hard to leave it and move on but sometimes it's not worth the energy.

NanaDiana said...

I have done that a lot in the last few years. Let it go and moved forward. There are injustices that I will fight-if they are harmful to someone else but I let the little things aimed at me glance off me like a poorly aimed shot. I find that there is a power in that, too, when someone realizes that they can't "get to you"...in the end THAT is winning. lol xo Diana

Susie said...

My mom called it ,"biting your tongue," which she was no good at.LOL. Some times we just don't sweat the small stuff, cause it would make us nuts. Stay strong and happy. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Jeanie said...

Kudos to you for knowing you were right but not feeling the need to defend yourself.

Tammy said...

Ah the same bush is blooming around here too as well as the apricot trees. It's so lovely to see spring flowers and plants and bushes and tress doing their thing. Sorry someone gave you a rough time, try to ignore them and enjoy spring. Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

wise choice,

Mrs. H's mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. H's mom said...

Good for you. Way to go. Most of the time the rude remark isn't worth worrying over. You were the bigger person and life is too short to worry about some rude person.

acorn hollow said...

Good for you.
Cathy

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Sorry you had this happen but I am learning the older I get to do just like you did. It is the only way to go but it took me 60 years to learn it.
Spring is here and I am singing with you. I can't wait to buy some plants and enjoy them. Mine all froze this year.
Love
Maggie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...