SWEET TEA

Monday, March 10, 2014

Mean, Green, and Obscene

This is me
making a public service announcement.

Don't EVER, EVER, EVER  (no matter how desperate you are to try something new and healthy) waste your time and money making "Kale Chips".

Remember Nancy Reagan and "JUST SAY NO
to Kale Chips".

Can a 5 star rating and 222 reviews be wrong?
Yes!!  Yes!!  And Yes!!

Even if green is your favorite color.
Even if you have nothing to eat except "Kale Chips".

Even if you should ever need to choose between
Cow Patties
OR
Kale Chips,
remember these words: "Just say NO!".
Or maybe "Hell NO!"

I wish I had thought to take a photo of my
Kale Chips before I threw them into the trash
(which was just after I spit a mouthful of this
green stuff into the sink).

Here's my recipe review:
"These things are
Mean, Green and Obscene".


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it that much bad to throw it out!

Mari said...

I keep seeing where people are making these and saying how good they are. I've wondered, because they don't sound good!

Jeanie said...

I bought some that tasted nearly as bad as you describe so you can't blame your cooking. :)

Cheri said...

Now that is the most honest review ever and I am glad to read what you said, Debbie. I have seen in the stores and on some blogs lately about kale chips and wondered about them, so thank you for your honesty.

arkie said...

Love this review! I tried the protein shake that you "add" beans to. I think your green label would work for it also.

Beth J said...

As least it was an easy decision!

Miss Dishywoo said...

Oh, I laughed all through this review! So funny! I have wondered if I was missing something by not making these. You have now convinced me that I am not. I won't give them another thought. This reminds me of my brother telling about the time his in-laws secretly substituted mashed cauliflower for mashed potatoes. He was not a fan.

Tammy said...

I actually tried making them, ugh, a total waste of precious time and I thought they were so gross. I'd rather eat popcorn without butter if I need something healthy and crunchy. Hugs!!

nancygrayce said...

I had to laugh out loud! I will just skip trying those thanks!

Aloha Acres said...

Oh, No! I was going to try them next week. That bad, huh?

Aloha Acres said...

Oh, No! I was going to try them next week. That bad, huh?

Terra said...

Oh your review is so wishy washy. Not! LOL. We grow kale and love kale but I am going to skip making kale chips. Sounds awful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...