SWEET TEA

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Second Best.

Summer,
 being my favorite time of the year, I find this time of the year to be my second best/ favorite.  That fact alone is almost an oxymoron, isn't it?  While I don't enjoy cold weather, our winters are quite mild and it's during this time that I seem to get my second wind and am able to fall into the rhythm of a quiet routine.  Gals like me love the idea of "routine", "schedule", "plan", etc. It's also a time of the year that we don't do any traveling.  Yay!   I do admit to having certain "hermit tendencies" when nighttime falls so early. I have to remind myself that it's healthy to be out & about on occasion.

I'm enjoying the sweet order of today.
I'm soon to put dinner into the oven for one of my favorite, easy, oven meals.  I'm gonna share this recipe as it's far to good to keep it to myself.  Yep, I'm that kinda girl.  *wink*    Give it a try and I promise it will become one of your favorites too.

Happy Wednesday, Bloggy Friends!

Company Casserole
(we call it this because it's good enough to serve to guests)
Round Steak, tenderized and cut into pieces
Brown Gravy pkt.
potatoes, sliced as for scalloped potatoes
Green Beans, 1 can, drained
1/3 C. water

Grease a baking dish
Place potatoes in 2/3 of dish.
Place green beans next to potatoes.
Pour water over all..
Salt & pepper to taste.
Place round steak on top of potatoes & gr. beans.
Sprinkle entire DRY gravy pkt over the round steak.
Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 for 2 hrs.



I forgot the best part of this recipe - "it's so easy that a teenager can easily prepare it".  Whoopee!!

13 comments:

Jane said...

Yummmy....I'll have to try your recipe and have company over!! Thanks for sharing, Debbie.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

That sounds so yummy. I will have to try it. I copied the recipe down.

Nonnie said...

That's exactly what I love about this time of year, too. And that is our kind of meal, similar to something I cook in a skillet. Will be trying this one because Jay will love it!! Beef, potatoes and gravy. Oh yeah! Good to see you again.

MunirGhiasuddin said...

I am glad that you guys are having a good "Winter Day". We woke up to one degree F. the high is supposed to be sixteen.
The recipe seems easy enough. Enjoy!

SouthLakesMom said...

And did she? Prepare the casserole?Even though she's all grown and responsible now? My teen son baked a pumpkin pie last night -- first time ever!

I'm a hermit too. Even though now I can see, I don't like going out at night!

Mary said...

Sounds good! Have you ever made it in a slow cooker/crock pot?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I like this time after Christmas when things settle down for awhile.
That recipe sounds yummy, thanks for sharing it.

Jeanie said...

I also like this time of year....not so much the weather but the calm after the storm of the holidays.
The casserole sounds really good.

Sweet Tea said...

Yes. I've made it in a crockpot and it does nicely - actually DD likes it best that way.

Tammy said...

I'm like you I sort of enjoy the winter, ours are pretty mild for the most part and I kind of like how slow things are, hibernating a bit before the good weather comes and it's time to have fun and go and do. I look at it as my time to go within and be silent and contemplate things. Hugs!!

Linda said...

I like winter too!! I do NOT like the Texas heat so Fall is my favorite followed by winter and spring!
Recipe sounds good as does your day!

NanaDiana said...

LOVE that picture and your meal sounds absolutely WONDERFUL! xo Diana

Bobbie said...

And for those of you who like this time of year, I am happy for you. I am patiently awaiting spring though... and getting a little antsy.
Looks like a great recipe. We have unofficially pulled away from red meat though so I doubt that I try it... just yet... maybe later, after I change my mind and go back to red meat. lol

Enjoy your quiet time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...