SWEET TEA

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Right here. Right now.


A once a week post of what I'm thinking about in regards to my faith.
I'm not a deep-thinker, nor a Bible scholar,
so you can be sure this "Sweet Tea" sippin' girl
is just thinking simple truths.




Nine years ago, when we moved from Oklahoma to Louisiana, we set about finding a church home for our family.  I'm picky, so I knew this could be a "hard find" for me.  We visited several churches in our area.  The first Sunday we visited (what is now our church home) the Pastor went to the front and said, 
"I have great news, God is not mad at you!"
Everyone sort of smiled and looked around sheepishly. I've been in church all my life and heard a bazillion sermons, but I'd never heard anyone say exactly that in exactly those words.  




Friends may move away.
Family may disappoint.
People may misunderstand.
But GOD never moves away, disappoints, or misunderstands.
His love is constant and unconditional.
Do you love that as much as I do?
That's what I'm thinking about today.








14 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

I am with you. Finding a church is like finding a spouse.

NanaDiana said...

That pastor was onto something there! Loved this post- xo Diana

Jeanie said...

That is a wonderful thing to be reminded of....thanks for sharing this thought.

Nonnie said...

I confess I spent a lot of years thinking God was mad at me. It was so wonderful to discover that He was not.
If all of us could just grasp hold of the simple truth that God loves us, what a difference it would make in our trust of Him and every relationship we have.
We found our church 22 years ago and so thankful for it.

Aloha Acres said...

I wish I could run down to LA and just ((hug)) you. I'm going through some personal CRAP right now and this is just what I needed to hear.

You . Are . Fabulous, Miss Sweet Tea!
Fab-U-lous!

Anonymous said...

We need to hear more testimonies of faith. Thank you for sharing yours!

Mari said...

Good thoughts - all of them!

nancygrayce said...

I daily have to thank Him for His grace.

Kay G. said...

Here is a bumper sticker I always liked-

God loves you... And I'm Trying!

SouthLakesMom said...

So is that church where you stayed?

When we were visiting churches when we lived in Las Vegas, one pastor spent an hour talking about how men wearing long hair was not Biblical. We decided that probably wasn't a good fit for us - although my husband had the typical Air Force haircut - we thought it might indicate something about the pastor's focus...

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Loved your post. It made me want to shout...Amen!

Janie Fox said...

Love it! Jesus loves me this I know!

Jane said...

:)

marejohn said...

Love your insight. Perfect. As for us, trying to find a church in a town of less than 900 is NOT an easy !!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...