SWEET TEA

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

"BOO" and "YAY"


When I was in Middle School our school had an annual Fall Hayride.  It was a BIG deal in our small school.  One of the things we loved about the Hayride was the tradition of the "Boo & Yay Bit".  Have you heard of that before?  It went something like this -

Leader:    The Principal said we couldn't have hot dogs round the camp fire this year.
Students:  BOO!
Leader:    He said we could Hamburgers AND hot dogs!
Students:  YAY

Leader:    The Girls will all be required to ride on the Green hay wagon.
Students:  BOO!
Leader:    The Boys will all be required to ride on the Green hay wagon with them!
Students:  YAY!

Leader:    NO smooching will be allowed at the Camp Fire.
Students:  BOO!
Leader:    All smooching must be done in the hay wagon!
Students:  YAY!

And on and on it went. . .

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Here is my "Boo and Yay" bit for today.

"My favorite all cotton-"go-to" white Capri's accidentally went thru the HOT dryer cycle.!"
BOO!! (Boo Hoo Hoo Hoo!!)

"I signed up for an online Bible study."
YAY!! (I can wear my pajama pants)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 


*At this particular time in my life I really don't have the time to do an in-depth Bible study, or even a study that requires me to "meet up" somewhere weekly outside my home.  Soooo, I accidentally stumbled across this Bible study online yesterday.  (I don't think it was an accident - I think it was Divine leading.  Really. I do.)  If you're curious or think this might be something you'd be interested in, you can read about it HERE.  I've never done anything quite like this, so it's a "first" for me.  It's called, "Faith Dare".  I don't think it's affiliated with any type of denomination, just a 30 day, Bible-based study for Christian women.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

So, got a "Boo" for today?
A "Yay"?
Or both?




6 comments:

SouthLakesMom said...

The Bible study sounds good!

BOO: I was unmotivated to ride despite yesterday's beautiful weather

YAY: Now that my riding clothes are clean, I can ride in today's even BETTER beautiful weather!

Nonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nonnie said...

BOO: we had to say good-bye last night as our friends left town and will be heading back to Florida.

YAY: We will see them again in March.

(BOO-HOO - the yay isn't good enough. I wish they could stay.)

The Bible study looks good. My group will be picking up in September or I would sign up. I did a Beth Moore study online a few years ago.

Jeanie said...

I don't really have a boo, but I will say yay for you that you found a study that works so well for you. Another big yay that you can do it in your pajamas.

karen said...

BOO: I was unwrapping my new Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and I accidently cut the cord off with scissors.

YAY: They are sending me a new one! Best.Customer.Service.EVER.

Terri said...

This is great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...