SWEET TEA

Friday, May 3, 2013

"Beige"

When  I was a young wife and mom I went through a "beige phase" in my life. (?)  I'm not really sure why, but maybe it was because I was busy and "beige is easy".  It's hard to go to far wrong if one sticks to beige, doncha think?  But, somewhere along my way I crossed over to COLOR.  Green is my favorite, with orange being my second choice.  How about you - what's your favorite?


Speaking of "Color" (and I was),  are you color savvy?

How many of these colors would you recognize?

  1. Vermilion
  2. Verdigris
  3. Titian
  4. Bisque
  5. Puce
  6. Cattleya
  7. Smalt
  8. Damask
  9. Jasper
  10. Bittersweet
Here are the answers, all mixed-up.
See if you can match them to the right name.
(I was right on only 3 of these, so you can color me "remedial" at best.)

  • blackish green
  • medium purple
  • vivid reddish orange
  • medium blue
  • light grayish brown
  • yellowish green
  • deep reddish orange
  • grayish red
  • dark red
  • brownish orange

Now students, you can put down your pencil, close your book, and leave your papers on my desk as you leave the room.  (I've always wanted to say that.  *snicker)

You can get the answers by clicking HERE.

Your "colorful comments" are welcome!



11 comments:

Cheri said...

Like you I got 3 right. I just went by the way the name sounded as to what color I thought it was. For Ex: Titan made me think of King Titan so I went with med. blue but apparently that is Brownish Orange; I would never have guessed that...EVER.

Jeanie said...

I am apparently not very color savvy....I only got a couple right.
I try to wear bright colors but usually end up wearing black or biege pants.

Nonnie said...

Black and white seem to be my go-to colors even though I try for red, purple or royal blue (not in a combination, of course!) Recently though, I came home with something graphic and a mixture of colors, to which DH commented: "That's just not you!" He is the one living in a beige mode!

I only knew 3 of the colors, so I need help, too. But I did have the opportunity to say those things to my "classroom" many times - neighborhood kids, paper dolls, dolls, etc. ;-)

Wild Oregonian said...

I only got three right.

Susie said...

Did you know that most men would only know the basic colors. Men are more likely to be color blind. I just think there are too many color names...not really didferent colors. I like army greens.:):) xoxo,Susie

Aloha Acres said...

Green is my favorite color, too. Hubby says it's because "it's the color of money." LOL

I'm not color savvy at all. I just like the basics.

Chatty Crone said...

Hey I am a reformed beige person myself - my new color - aqua. sandie

Linda said...

Color is GOOD!! I used a lot of earth tomes in my younger days but the older I get the more COLOR I use!

yaya said...

I'm not very good with color finding! I do enjoy color but I'm always changing my favorites....I have alot of blue in my house and greens too...red is also here as an accent...but tomorrow it may all be different!

Anonymous said...

I took a Linguistics course in college and learned that men have smaller vocabularies than women. One of the examples was what you just talked about - colors. Men have around 6-10 colors, women have a bajillion.

I love wearing black because I am tired and it is easy. For decorating my house is light colors, beiges and grays, but some color accents. I love antique accents in red, but I couldn't tolerate a red wall.

I have to be in the right mood to wear bright colors, they kinda' bother me. OK, now you officially know I am wierd.

karen said...

I got all but two! But I LOVE color. In my house I really have to concentrate to keep rooms in the same general palette throughout. I fall in love so easily with new combinations.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...